Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Technician - Richland, Washington
Company: Packaging Corporation Of America
Posted on: September 16, 2023
At PCA, you'll find the best people in the industry operating in
a "golden rule" culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding
relationships with each other and our customers by advocating
respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the
highest standards in what we say and do. PCA, Richland, is proud to
have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way. The
facility located on Kingsgate Way was built in 2019, began
operations in 2020 and has consistently led the Company in safety
and production efficiencies.
We are looking to continue building a high-performance maintenance
team. Our Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Technician salary is
based on skills, knowledge and experience. The maintenance
classifications rates range between $31.08/hr. to $45.01/hr.
PCA provides a competitive benefits package; including but not
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long & short-term disability
- Stipends for safety shoes & glasses
- Technicians supply their own basic hand tools. PCA provides all
special and heavy tools.
- PCA provides training hours to help technicians advance through
the progressive skill levels and achieve higher pay
- 50 cent shift differential
- Stipend for gym membershipsEXPLANATION:
- Employees (and their dependents) are eligible for medical,
dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance coverage,
subject to applicable waiting periods.
- Employees are:
- Automatically enrolled in PCA's 401k retirement plan at the
time of hire.
- Front-loaded with 48 hours of paid time off after completing 90
days of employment.
- Eligible for 11 holidays after completing 30 days worked.
- Reimbursed up to $150 for safety shoes after completing their
- Eligible for up to $35 per month for monthly fitness
- Shift differential for swing and graveyard shifts.
- Annual gainshare up to 10 percent of 11-month earnings If you
want to be part of an exceptional team with competitive pay and
benefits package, please apply at www.careers.packagingcorp.com
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose, repair,
rebuild, and replace mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic
and steam systems on all plant manufacturing and support
- Work as part of a team in a manufacturing operation with a goal
of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of
- Must be willing to work all shifts: current openings swing,
grave and weekend teams.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe and clean work
- Minimum one year of experience successfully troubleshooting and
repairing industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Proper general maintenance and troubleshooting practices or
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, tables, charts,
- Demonstrated ability to read equipment instruction manuals;
align equipment to specified tolerances; machine and fitting shop
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and/or electrical
equipment experience including pumps, gearboxes, fans and
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, excellent planning and
organizing skills, ability to work independently, and a high degree
- Must be willing to pursue ongoing technical training to enhance
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, and weekends as
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to progress to A level mechanic within 36
- Willingness and ability to work all shifts.
- Must provide own basic tools. PCA will provide specialized
- 2 to 5 years of practical application experience in mechanical,
electrical, hydraulic, steam and pneumatic maintenance
- Electrical or PLC certification.
- Technical degree and/or comparable experience in successfully
troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and equipment;
particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry Electrical
- Basic computer skills for diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of working, troubleshooting and programming of
- 2+ years of experience in successfully troubleshooting and
repairing industrial machinery and/or technical degree in related
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly within
the corrugated or packaging industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to acquire and/or retain a multi-craft skill set.
The candidate must be able to acquire the skills of both mechanic
- Willingness and ability to share ideas with others to solve
problems of essential importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build
relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and with attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work in manufacturing environment
with varying temperatures.
- Must be capable of recognizing sounds of moving equipment and
machinery for safety purposes and identifying machine issues.
- Willingness to work with constant noise at a level requiring
the use of hearing protection.
All qualified candidates must apply online at
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other
Keywords: Packaging Corporation Of America, Richland , Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Technician - Richland, Washington, Professions , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!