Plant Engineer - Melter and Offgas Systems
Company: Action Technology, Inc.
Posted on: March 16, 2023
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles
north of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to
5 p.m. Selected applicant needs to be able and willing to work
weekends and overtime as needed.
Engineers within the Melter and Offgas Systems group are
responsible for the primary systems within the vitrification
process. The following are typical activities for Engineers within
- Ensuring operational readiness of the assigned system and
- Developing and maintaining consistency among design
requirements, documentation, and physical configuration for the
systems; and to integrate the elements of system requirements and
performance criteria, system assessments, change control, work
control, and documentation control
- Ensuring key design documents, including system
descriptions/system design description and facility
descriptions/facility design description are identified, developed
and maintained to support facility safety basis development and
- Conducting system assessments that include periodic reviews of
system operability, reliability, and material condition
- Verifying systems are tested after maintenance or modification
to ensure continued capability to fulfill system requirements and
to meet functional acceptance criteria
- Providing support for facility operations and maintenance
Education: Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent education) in
an appropriate engineering discipline or related science from a
four-year accredited college or university.
Experience: Minimum 10 years of professional experience.
- One year of nuclear facility experience is preferred.
- Experience in processing facilities, DOE facilities, or DOD
- Experience with national consensus codes and standards
- Upon reporting, must be able to complete and pass a medical
evaluation for badging purposes. Must have full mobility, be able
to walk on uneven or broken surfaces (rocks, gravel, etc.). The
examination includes, but is not limited to ability to pass blood
pressure test, able to bend, twist, pull, push, climb, and lift
more than 20 lbs.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen
and background check which includes verification of employment and
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access
to the site.
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States
- Implement Plant Engineering program elements as
- Develop, review, concur with and/or assess engineering
- Develop, review, concur with and/or assess management control
procedures, technical procedures, or guides
- Assess facilities, systems, and/or processes anomalies or
- Resolve condition report issues or other similar discrepancies
- Develop or request support to develop engineering products for
system or equipment repair or replacement
- Provide on-site technical support during preventative or
corrective maintenance activities or commissioning
- Assist assigned engineers in determining operability and
correcting out-of-specification conditions
- Ensure the health and safety of self and staff by implementing
the principles of ISMS
- Ensure that personal conduct of work is consistent with nuclear
safety and quality culture expectations
- Meet training requirements and maintain qualifications to
- Support control of field work in assigned areas, including
integration of project activities, repairs, and equipment
- Support operations, maintenance, and commissioning of the
- Remain apprised of operational status and ongoing modification
- Provide technical review of facility/system related procedures
and work instructions
- Assist with resolution of design issues necessary to support
plant operations and/or maintenance
- Review Project design and other documents for operations,
maintenance, and testing impacts and providing alternative
- Interface with subcontractors, vendors, and project support
- Ensures timely and accurate oral and written technical reports
on assigned activities
- Complete required training and maintain qualifications
associated with assignments
- Support the culture by emphasizing the values of safety and
quality in the performance of work to protect self, others, and the
(EFNM) Exposed Field Non-Manual- Performs desk work, including
writing, computer workstation processes, and telephone operation.
Arranges for and/or performs presentations, oral reports, planning
meetings, and other formal and informal contacts, requiring long
periods of sitting. Oversees field activities through inspections,
testing and equipment operations, which requires walking, standing,
bending, and turning along with wearing of personal protective
equipment. Occasional loading, transport, and unloading of tools
and/or supplies specific to an activity.
Keywords: Action Technology, Inc., Richland , Plant Engineer - Melter and Offgas Systems, Professions , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...