Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Technician - Richland
Company: Packaging Corporation of America
Posted on: September 12, 2022
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA)
is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging
business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers - large
and small - package, transport and display products of all kinds.
Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing
the highest level of customer service and operational excellence.
We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100
locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs
of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our
customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that
exceed expectations for performance and environmental
responsibility.People --- Customers --- Trust We have built a new
facility on Kingsgate Way in Richland, Washington, which has state
of the art equipment. We are looking to continue building a
high-performance maintenance team. Our Maintenance
Mechanic/Electrician Technician salary is based on skills,
knowledge and experience. The maintenance classifications rates
range between $26.95/hr. to $39.02/hr. PCA provides a competitive
benefits package; including but not limited to:
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Shift differential .50 cents for swing & graveyard
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long & short-term disability
- Stipends for safety shoes & glasses
- Technicians supply their own basic hand tools. PCA provides a
tool stipend (or replacement) to help technicians maintain basic
hand tools. PCA provides all special and heavy tools.
- PCA provides training hours to help technicians advance through
the progressive skill levels and achieve higher pay. If you want to
be part of an exceptional team with competitive pay and benefits
package, please apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose, repair,
rebuild, and replace mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic
and steam systems on all plant manufacturing and support
- Work as part of a team in a manufacturing operation with a goal
of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Proper general maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, tables, charts,
- Demonstrated ability to read equipment instruction manuals;
align equipment to specified tolerances; machine and fitting shop
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and/or electrical
equipment experience including pumps, gearboxes, fans and
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, excellent planning and
organizing skills, ability to work independently, and a high degree
- Must be willing to pursue ongoing technical training to enhance
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, and weekends as
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to progress to A level mechanic within 36
- Willingness and ability to work graveyard PREFERRED
- 2 to 5 years of practical application experience in mechanical,
electrical, hydraulic, steam and pneumatic maintenance
- Electrical or PLC certification.
- Electrical competency.
- Basic computer skills for diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of working, troubleshooting and programming of
- 2+ years of experience in successfully troubleshooting and
repairing industrial machinery and/or technical degree in related
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly within
the corrugated or packaging industry. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Ability to work safely in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to acquire and/or retain a multi-craft skill set.
The candidate must be able to acquire the skills of both mechanic
- Willingness and ability to share ideas with others to solve
problems of essential importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build
relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and with attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work in manufacturing environment
with varying temperatures.
- Must be capable of recognizing sounds of moving equipment and
machinery for safety purposes and identifying machine issues.
- Willingness to work with constant noise at a level requiring
the use of hearing protection All qualified applicants must apply
at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered. PCA is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected
Keywords: Packaging Corporation of America, Richland , Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Technician - Richland, Professions , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!