Company: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC)
Posted on: November 2, 2019
Work Safe, Make a Difference, and Be a Part of History with the
Waste & Fuels Management Projects Engineering team!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in sunny
Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable
future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the
Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To
achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative,
and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by
removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in
the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work
with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging
goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is
your chance to be a part of our legacy!
This position is with the Fuels Facilities Engineering group and
will be a key part of the engineering team responsible for
supporting the Waste Encapsulation & Storage Facility (WESF) and
the Canister Storage Building (CSB) facilities. The Waste & Fuels
Management Project (W&FMP) is also responsible for the
- Safely and compliantly storing, treating, and disposing of a wide
variety of solid wastes and nuclear materials.
- Providing integrated waste treatment, transportation, storage and
disposal services for all CHPRC cleanup projects.
- Management of stored fuels and capsules, including 1,936 highly
radioactive cesium and strontium capsules in underwater
- Retrieval and packaging of legacy transuranic waste for off-site
- Treatment and disposal of mixed and low-level radioactive
A day in the life of a Chemical Engineer involves:
* Qualifying and performing as the Design Authority (responsible
engineer) on assigned WESF and/or CSB facility systems and
providing engineering services to Waste and Fuels Project
engineering supported facilities.
* Becoming the technical authority for assigned systems,
responsible for all technical aspects of facility system
maintenance and operations.
* Supporting the preparation and update of sketches and
* Performing system walk-downs, documenting deficiencies, preparing
technical resolutions and driving repairs.
* Maintaining configuration management of the systems.
* Ensuring regulatory, code and safety basis compliance.
* Preparing and maintaining operating and maintenance procedures
and data sheets.
* Preparing design changes for system improvements.
* Procuring replacement and spare parts within the quality
* Supporting plant project upgrade work.
* Preparing System Health Reports on assigned systems, if
* Providing technical support and direction to Facility Operations
and Maintenance organizations for performance of operating
procedures and maintenance and surveillance activities.
* Interfacing daily with Management, Operations, Work Planning,
Radiation Control, Nuclear Safety, Maintenance and bargaining unit
personnel to support project goals and objectives by providing
timely and sound technical direction.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or related
* Seven years of related experience.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
* Able to work at a construction work site that will include
routine job-site walk downs with engineers and construction
* Organized, meticulous and disciplined in all technical work and
in adherence to procedure requirements, and with a very strong
attention to detail.
* Strong technical background as demonstrated by a combination of
degree, other training, and experience.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Experience working in a nuclear facility.
* PE license.
* Startup experience, previous qualification as a Design Authority
(responsible engineer) or System Engineer at a DOE site, and/or
nuclear decommissioning and demolition experience.
* Engineering fabrication support experience
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of
your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and
recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+
surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations
where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor
sporting opportunities are in abundance!
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which
includes a generous 401K Savings Plans, Medical/Vision/Dental
Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation
Pay, and more!
CHPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Relocation Funding Provided
U.S. Citizenship Required
Shift Work Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), Richland , Chemical Engineer, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!