Company: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC)
Posted on: October 29, 2019
Work Safe, Make a Difference, and Be a Part of History with the
Waste & Fuels Management Project (W&FMP)!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in
Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable
future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the
Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To
achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative,
and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by
removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in
the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work
with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging
goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is
your chance to be a part of our legacy!
The Waste & Fuels Management Project (W&FMP) is responsible for
- Safely and compliantly storing, treating, and disposing of a wide
variety of solid wastes and nuclear materials.
- Providing integrated waste treatment, transportation, storage and
disposal services for all CHPRC cleanup projects.
- Management of stored fuels and capsules, including 1,936 highly
radioactive cesium and strontium capsules in underwater
- Retrieval and packaging of legacy transuranic waste for off-site
- Treatment and disposal of mixed and low-level radioactive
A day in the life of a Designer Specialist involves:
* Preparing and updating sketches and drawings.
* Performing field walk downs of existing facilities and
* Maintaining current facility drawings.
* Maintaining a thorough understanding of pertinent Hanford Site
design standards to ensure technical products are fully compliant
with company requirements.
* AA degree in design/drafting or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
* Minimum of 10 years CADD experience.
* Experience with drawing standards and document preparation
* Previously qualified as a Hanford designer.
* Previous experience with DOE site design.
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of
your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and
recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+
surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations
where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor
sporting opportunities are in abundance!
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which
includes a generous 401K Savings Plans, Medical/Vision/Dental
Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation
Pay, and more!
CHPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Relocation Funding Provided
U.S. Citizenship Required
Shift Work Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), Richland , Designer Specialist, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!