Co-Op Intern Project Controls
Company: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC)
Posted on: October 26, 2019
GAIN REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE AS A CHPRC CO-OP INTERN WITH OUR PRIME
CONTRACTS & PROJECT INTEGRATION TEAM!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in
Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable
future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the
Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To
achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative,
and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by
removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in
the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work
with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging
goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is
your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Our Prime Contract & Project Integration team is seeking a driven
Co-Op Student Intern who has the desire to gain valuable experience
related to Project Controls, Estimating, Risk Management and
The Project Controls Co-Op's duties may include, but are not
limited to the following:
* Providing a broad range of Project Controls related support to
the department working within established procedures and CHPRC's
Earned Value Management System.
* Learning about day to day activities associated with the CHPRC
Project Controls Analyst function.
* Assisting program functions while developing a working knowledge
of project controls systems, processes and functions.
* Assisting Project teams while developing a working knowledge of
the project controls analyst function and how it applies to direct
* Developing a working knowledge of the following: P6 scheduling
software, COBRA cost system, the Automated Accruals System (AAS),
and MS Excel.
* Actively enrolled in a degree program in Business, Finance,
Accounting, Project Management or similar discipline.
* Currently enrolled with either WSU-Tri-Cities campus or Columbia
Basin College (CBC) in a junior or senior academic standing.
* Are a U.S. Citizen of 18-years of age or older.
* Have maintained an overall GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or greater
throughout academic career
* Have maintained full-time student status two semesters/quarters
immediately preceding the assignment with CHPRC (note: full-time
status is determined by the requirements of WSU-TC and CBC)
* Willing and able to work 20-32 hours a week
* Committed to staying in school full-time until graduating
* Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication
skills, negotiation skills, and be able to effectively interact
with and convey information to company personnel, management, new
hires and potential candidates.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
* Primavera P6 scheduling software and Cobra cost management.
CHPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Relocation Funding Provided
U.S. Citizenship Required
Shift Work Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), Richland , Co-Op Intern Project Controls, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!