Warehouse Supervisor - Bilingual English/Japanese
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Warehouse Supervisor - Bilingual English/Japanese
Position is located in Moses Lake, WA
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for supervising and
coordinating a wide variety of warehouse activities including
shipping and receiving materials and maintaining inventory and
associated records. The Warehouse Supervisor is also responsible
for maintaining warehouse supplies, forklift maintenance schedules,
and reporting warehouse related anomalies to local branch
Bilingual English/Japanese required in order to support the
The Warehouse Supervisor (exempt position) must be available to
work extended hours, weekends and client's holidays as needed.
Typical work schedule for this role is is 13:30 (1:30 p.m.) - 22:30
(10:30 p.m.) - Wednesday - Sunday.
Term: This is a direct hire position with benefits eligibility.
Project term is approximately 3 years.
- Supervisor Traffic Clerk(s) and other warehouse staff.
Responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and
assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing
performance issues and resolving issues.
- Conduct inventory checks.
- Supervisor 5S activities and oversee projects to ensure a clean
and organized warehouse.
- Supervise daily warehouse activities such as:
- Daily stocking projects;
- Administrative projects; and
- Ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation for
conformance to policies and procedures; receiving incoming
material, routing material to designated areas; and utilizing
warehouse space in the best possible manner by rotating stock in
allocated storage space.
- Support Team Leaders in resolving issues such as shortages,
damages, discrepancies in documentation and freight. Provide
regular written and verbal reports to local branch management
concerning customer specific issues.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities according to the
organization's management policies, procedures and any applicable
- Complete the daily inventory for imports and exports and
conduct audits to validate results. Manage and review the use of
on-hand systems to identify receipt and location of every shipment
- Conduct daily audit of cargo coming into and exiting the
warehouse to conform with established operating procedures.
- Recommend measures to improve quality of service, increasing
efficiency of department, staff and equipment performance.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via electronic
mail and preparing reports and work schedules using Microsoft
Outlook and Office and other related software.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with safety regulations and
- Supervise other projects as needed.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant warehouse/operations as a team lead
- Bi-lingual, Japanese and English, required.
- Trained and Certified in HAZMAT, desirable.
- Freight forward experience, desirable.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Interact with employees and customers in a professional
- Works with utmost honesty and integrity.
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, experience is required.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Must have a safe Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) driving record, if
required to performing driving duties to support operations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable
accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature of work being performed. They are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more. Any
and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics
products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated
Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services,
along with transportation solutions all while providing complete
and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and
gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's
employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training,
leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Richland , Warehouse Supervisor - Bilingual English/Japanese, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!