Field Work Supervisor
Company: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC)
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Work Safe, Make a Difference, and Be a Part of History with the
Waste & Fuels Management Project (W&FMP)!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in
Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable
future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the
Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To
achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative,
and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by
removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in
the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work
with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging
goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is
your chance to be a part of our legacy!
The Waste & Fuels Management Project (W&FMP) is responsible for
- Safely and compliantly storing, treating, and disposing of a wide
variety of solid wastes and nuclear materials.
- Providing integrated waste treatment, transportation, storage and
disposal services for all CHPRC cleanup projects.
- Management of stored fuels and capsules, including 1,936 highly
radioactive cesium and strontium capsules in underwater
- Retrieval and packaging of legacy transuranic waste for off-site
- Treatment and disposal of mixed and low-level radioactive
A day in the life of a W&FMP Field Work Supervisor at the Solid
Waste Operations Complex (SWOC) involves:
* Responsible for the supervision of assigned bargaining unit
personnel in the performance of operational activities as well as
preventive and corrective maintenance for the Solid Waste
Operations Complex (SWOC) facilities.
* Directing work in a manner that is consistent with the current
Master Documented Safety Analysis and regulatory requirements as
outlined in compliance documents, i.e. ALARACT, Ecology Agreed
Order, and Consent Agreement.
* Completing work activity documentation accurately and thoroughly,
ensuring appropriate review, approvals, and authorizations are
* Continually reviewing activities of the work group and
developing, directing, and monitoring implementation of plans for
improved safety, efficiency, and productivity.
* Ensuring personnel are accountable, trained and qualified to
perform their assigned function.
* Building and maintaining fieldwork teams, recognizing
achievements and correcting behaviors detrimental to the safe
conduct of work.
* Working with the appropriate personnel, maintaining 100%
accountability for all waste within the Central Waste Complex,
Waste Receiving and Processing facility, and the Low Level Burial
* Interacting with and supporting other projects and supporting
organizations to ensure that overall project goals are met.
* BA/BS degree in related field, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience, plus a minimum of 5 years related
* OR a High School Diploma/GED plus 10 years DOE/Nuclear Field
* OR a High Scholl Diploma/GED plus Journeyman level craft, plus 6
years related experience
* Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written)
* Qualified Operations Supervisor under DOE Order 5480.20A.
* Hanford experience highly desirable.
* Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in dealing with
Hanford Atomic Metal Trades Council (HAMTC) bargaining unit
personnel strongly desired.
Relocation Funding Provided
U.S. Citizenship Required
Shift Work Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), Richland , Field Work Supervisor, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!