Labor Relations Specialist
Company: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC)
Posted on: July 21, 2019
Work Safe, Make a Difference, and Be a Part of History with the
Labor Relations team!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in sunny
Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable
future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the
Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To
achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative,
and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by
removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in
the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work
with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging
goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is
your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Our Labor Relations team is seeking a dynamic Labor Relations
Specialist who oversees implementation of the contractual
requirements through the administration, interpretation and
negotiation of the CHPRC/HAMTC Collective Bargaining Agreement
(CBA), including: related processes and the Company position on
union grievances/disputes, up to and including arbitration
hearings; movement of union personnel internal and between other
Hanford Site Contractors; formal communications with HAMTC and the
AFL-CIO Metal Trades Department on union related matters. In
addition, Labor Relations also provides technical information and
support to CHPRC management on the Hanford Site Stabilization
A day in the life of a Labor Relations Specialist involves:
* Interpreting, negotiating, and administering the Company/Union
Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), and ensuring it is uniformly
applied in accordance with contractual requirements while
interpreting its meaning/intent and ensuring adherence to
* Participating in the development of strategies and general
preparations for arbitration hearings, National Labor Relations
Board cases, and CBA/special agreement negotiations.
* Interfacing daily with all levels of CHPRC management while
providing guidance, recommendations, and problem solving
* Interfacing with union officials from both HAMTC and the Building
& Construction Trades, affiliate unions' leadership, and company
representatives to resolve Company/Labor Relations-related issues,
including grievance issues by utilizing problem solving techniques
and information exchanges.
* Coordinating grievances and other CBA/Hanford Site Stabilization
Agreement (HSSA) issues with LR peers and first line/middle
management personnel of other Hanford contractors.
* Interpreting and administering the current CBA & HSSA, including
providing management sound guidance/recommendations to ensure CBA &
HSSA compliance when performing day-to-day operations. This is done
under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent
judgment that is consistent with Company philosophy, goals and
* Investigating grievances issues while working with applicable
parties to resolve issues in accordance with the CBA/HSSA and
Company policies and procedures.
* Maintaining open communications with union officials and upper
management to keep them informed of Company initiatives and
significant issues that could affect bargaining unit.
* Supporting the development of Labor Relations/Human Resources
organizational initiatives while encouraging and promoting strong
Company / Union work relations.
* Understanding and complying with CHPRC policies and procedures,
safety responsibilities, Conduct of Operations, procedure
compliance expectations, Standards of Conduct guidelines, training
requirements, and instructions.
* Thoroughly investigates and researches issues/incidents, compares
results to established standards (i.e., CBA & HSSA provisions,
policies/procedures, legalese, accepted practice etc.) and
formulates appropriate conclusions/recommendations for
* Performs work in a safe, compliant, and cost-effective
* BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business
Administration or a related field of study, or an equivalent
combination of related education and work experience.
* 5 years of Labor Relations or related experience.
* Candidates must have knowledge of labor-related laws/statues and
the ability to interpret and provide guidance to managers, company
representatives, and union employees on company policy/procedural
* Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication
skills, negotiation skills, and be able to effectively interact
with and convey information to company personnel, management, and
* Demonstrates knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and
* Knowledge of the HAMTC/CHPRC Labor Agreement and HSSA Labor
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of
your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and
recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+
surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations
where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor
sporting opportunities are in abundance!
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which
includes a generous 401K Savings Plans, Medical/Vision/Dental
Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation
Pay, and more!
Relocation Funding Provided
U.S. Citizenship Required
Shift Work Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), Richland , Labor Relations Specialist, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!