Family Law Paralegal
Company: Gravis Law, PLLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Gravis Law, PLLC is seeking a Family Law Paralegal to join its team
in the Richland, WA office. Gravis Law serves people and
communities across the nation by providing uncomplicated access to
world-class legal services. In 2019, 2020 and 2021 Gravis Law was
ranked as the fastest growing law firm on the Inc. 5000 list of
Fastest-Growing Companies in America.
Before applying for the position, applicants are encouraged to
visit our website at www.GravisLaw.com for additional information
about Gravis Law.
A successful member of Gravis Law demonstrates enthusiasm,
confidence, and authenticity. Additionally, they thrive in an
environment that is collaborative and tech-savvy.
As a Paralegal, you will perform a variety of paralegal and
administrative tasks in our collaborative team-oriented culture.
You will support your local attorney(s) and team by assisting with
case planning, development, and management, legal research, client
communication, drafting and filing legal documents and making
recommendations to attorneys. The successful candidate has a
passion for various areas of law which can include Family Law,
Litigation, Estates and Probate work etc. and is motivated to help
create a pleasant workplace.
FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing attorney dockets to ensure that all deadlines are met
in a timely manner.
- Reviewing files and conferring with attorneys to discuss the
status of the file as well as upcoming deadlines.
- Assisting attorneys with preparing for client meetings,
depositions, mediations, arbitrations, pre-trial, trial, etc.
- Drafting letters, briefs, memorandums, discovery, and other
- Filing and e-filing briefs, memorandums, discovery, and other
- Maintaining client files both electronic and physical
- Communicating with clients on a very regular basis.
- Conducting legal research and drafting.
- Efficiently providing top-notch legal products and superior
service to clients.
- Covering the front desk and phones when necessary to ensure
that clients and other office visitors receive prompt and
- Maintaining a well-respected reputation amongst clients,
opposing counsel, Judges, Court staff, and colleagues.
- All other duties as assigned.
FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS*:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- 2+ years of Paralegal experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
including ability to effectively communicate with internal and
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on the phone and
through written communications.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Teams and
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.*Any equivalent
combination of experience and training which provides the required
knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted.
FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- College graduate with bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills and an
ability to successfully juggle multiple mandates at the same
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to effectively use
both data and experience-based instinct to make decisions.
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent communication
and interpersonal skills.Full Time Employee Benefits at Gravis
Law:Gravis Law offers a professional work environment, a
competitive salary including bonuses, along with generous benefits
which generally include:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Paid time off for Vacation, Sick and 11 Holidays as well as
Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to cross train and grow within the
organizationParalegals are also eligible to participate in the
Paralegal Bonus ProgramHourly Wage starting at $20.00 - $25.00 per
hour; based on experience.In Office Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00
WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Duties will be
performed in a standard office environment. Employees must have the
ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of a Paralegal. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be
assigned at any time with or without notice. These are considered
essential duties and are illustrative of those job tasks that are
fundamental. Employees may be required to perform additional
related duties as may be assigned by management. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Gravis Law, PLLC, Richland , Family Law Paralegal, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!