Operations Representative II
Company: Gesa Credit Union
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all
walks of life, our team members' individual stories and unique
experiences are our most valuable asset. But it's how we come
together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to
empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know
we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others,
has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can
engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can
challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest
assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About - Gesa Credit Union
The Operations Representative II will report directly to Operations
Team Leader or AVP of Fraud and Operations Management and provide
member centric service to internal/external partners and our
members via phone, internet, and correspondence. This position
handles a variety of member and internal department requests, such
as correspondence, research and transactions.
What You Will Be Doing:
* Respond to member inquiries via all forms of member contact
(branch, phone, internet, and correspondence) within the
established service level agreements
* Prepare and process wires in WireXchange. Coordinate with members
to verify required information, following existing wire
* Answer internal department inquiries via phone and
* Prepare and balance daily general ledger (GL) transactions
* Review, archive and maintain documents according to the records
retention management policy
* Process returned deposit items and letters
* Perform account administration including but not limited to new
accounts, address changes, social security changes, levies,
garnishments, subpoenas and other 3rd party information request,
* Scan and image incoming documents by work flowing items to
* Handle incoming and outgoing exception and research requests
* Process domestic and internal wire requests
* Process Pay by Phone processing and exceptions
* Process ACH exceptions and pre-authorized payment set-up for
* Process reporting data to perform tasks and audit
* Process the daily incoming and transit cash letter files from
FRB, branch, and other remote sources daily, ensuring high
balancing accuracy and timeliness.
* Administer Courtesy Pay Program including manage letter creation,
reviewing aging reports/queues for offset funds, debit card
revocation/reinstatement, charge off process in the Core system and
subsequent reports. Assign charged off accounts to collection
agency, enter negative data in Chexsystems and subsequent updates.
Review accounts with high negative balances. Assist branches and
members in day to day troubleshooting and questions.
* Handle W8BEN, DOR e-withholding, IRS Backup Withholding, SSI and
* Research and resolve Fed check adjustments
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to provide excellent member centric service.
* Proficient with MS Office Suite, reporting, and standard office
* Ability to identify needed process improvements, be innovative
and communicate ideas and solutions to leadership.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
without compromising work quality.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands effectively to
meet or exceed Service Level Agreements
* Ability to work solely or collaboratively while building positive
* Able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs.
What You Will Need:
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* One to three years similar or related experience, preferably in a
credit union environment
* Financial Institution accreditation a plus
* Some travel may be necessary to fulfill duties, career
development, and training
* Proficient with standard office equipment, MS software programs;
familiarity with data processing and standard reporting
* Ensure critical data is protected with the highest standard of
security and confidentiality
* Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as
applicable to job responsibilities
* Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars
as approved by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and
regulations related to duties and responsibilities.
* Maintain general knowledge of other organizations within the
credit union. Have a general knowledge of all service products
offered by the credit union to accurately answer questions from
members and staff.
* Maintain a clear understanding of the data processing menus,
activities and processing.
* Display mutual respect, trust and dignity, acting in the best
interest of the credit union, lead by example by displaying solid
ethics and integrity at all times. Control risk and lead operations
in a safe and sound manner.
Our Team Member Value Proposition
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few
of the benefits and perks we offer:
* Competitive Pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off - Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
* 401(k) Match
* Incentive Program
* Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
* Commuter Benefits
* Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
* Product discounts
* Engaging Work Environment
* Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what's possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or email@example.com to request
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job
description as the need arises. This job description is not all
inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a
written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug
screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or
controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a
credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong
advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual
Keywords: Gesa Credit Union, Richland , Operations Representative II, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!