Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist (CPO), Certified Orthotist (CO), or Board-Eligible Orthotist
Company: Tri-Cities Orthotics & Prosthetics
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Tri-Cities Orthotics & Prosthetics is an independent company
with multiple offices in sunny eastern Washington. -Celebrating 54
years in business, we are currently hiring in Richland for a
full-time CPO, CO or Board Eligible Orthotist.More information:
-https://www.yakimaoandp.com/about/careers/Send cover letter and
resume to -email@example.comJob Location: -Richland, WA -
99352Hours/Week: -40 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)Website:
www.Tri-CitiesOandP.comOther Information: -
- Competitive Salary
- Health and Insurance Benefits
- 401k Plan with 4% company match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
- Continuing Education paid by company.
- Certification and licensing fees paid by company.Job
PurposeDesign, measure, fit and adapt orthopedic braces, appliances
or prostheses for patients with disabling conditions.Tasks
- Examine, interview, and measure patients to determine their
appliance needs and to identify factors that could affect appliance
- Fit, test, and evaluate devices on patients, and make
adjustments for proper fit, function, and comfort.
- Instruct patients in the use and care of orthoses and
- Maintain patients' records.
- Select materials and components to be used, based on device
- Design orthopedic and prosthetic devices, based on physicians'
prescriptions and examination and measurement of patients.
- Make and modify plaster casts of areas that will be fitted with
prostheses or orthoses, for use in the device construction
- Confer with physicians to formulate specifications and
prescriptions for orthopedic or prosthetic devices.
- Construct and fabricate appliances or supervise others
constructing the appliances.
- Update skills and knowledge by attending conferences and
- Repair, rebuild, and modify prosthetic and orthopedic
- Show and explain orthopedic and prosthetic appliances to
healthcare workers.Job Description: Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Research new ways to construct and use orthopedic and
prosthetic devices.Work Activities
- Assisting and Caring for Others
- Getting Information
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Thinking Creatively
- Communicating with Persons Outside OrganizationDetailed Work
- Adjust prostheses or other assistive devices.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide
- Collect medical information from patients, family members, or
other medical professionals.
- Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical
- Design medical devices or appliances.
- Examine patients to assess general physical condition.
- Fabricate medical devices.
- Instruct patients in the use of assistive equipment.
- Maintain medical or professional knowledge.
- Measure the physical or physiological attributes of
- Record patient medical histories.
- Train medical providers.Work EnvironmentFrequently works near
moving mechanical parts; Fumes or airborne particles; Toxic or
caustic chemicals.Education and ExperienceYears of Experience
-1+Education -Bachelor's or Master's DegreeDegree or Formal
Training -Orthotics and/or ProstheticsLicense, Certificate Or
-Registration -CO, CPO or Board Eligible Orthotist
Keywords: Tri-Cities Orthotics & Prosthetics, Richland , Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist (CPO), Certified Orthotist (CO), or Board-Eligible Orthotist, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!