Operations Lead - Environmental Scientist Sr (1131)
Company: Bay West LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
If you care about the environment and want to do work that
improves our planet, consider joining our team! For over 46 years,
Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering
Environmental Solutions nation-wide and we're proud of our stellar
safety programs and records. We're a unique mix of expertise &
strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental
Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management
for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, &
Industrial/Commercial clients.The Operations Lead coordinates and
when necessary, leads borehole geophysical logging operations at
the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, Department of Energy environmental
remediation site. Maintain consistent and professional
communication with customer representatives to prioritize work
plans, and coordinate staff activities to achieve timely and safe
completion of logging operations. Responsible for coordinating with
client support organizations for logging truck maintenance,
including radiation control, safety and health, and industrial
hygiene in support of logging. Additional responsibilities include
conducting geophysical logging, data analysis, reporting, bid
estimates, and technical review of reports and engineering designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Duties include:
- Lead coordination of field activities, personnel, and equipment
to support multiple projects and/or customers (including evaluating
hazards and prioritizing tasks).
- Routine communication with customers to identify resource
availability and adjust work plans to accommodate the clients'
- Author and review safety documents, work plans, technical
designs, field documentation, and procedures.
- Provides operational direction and oversight of the
- Review project staff's timesheets for account/charge
- Perform technical writing and data analysis to prepare project
deliverables including proposals, project reports, correspondences,
and cost estimates.
- Assist the Technical lead in developing and implementing
innovative scientific methodologies.
- Collaborate with staff to continuously improve data collection
equipment and safety practices.
- Collaborate with staff and client representatives to design
innovative solutions for current and future projects.
- Applies working knowledge of geophysical logging system
calibration and data analysis methods to review calibration
certificates and Log Data Reports for QA/QC.
- Applies knowledge of geology (structure, sedimentology,
stratigraphy, hydrogeology, and geochemistry), drilling dynamics
(alterations based on drilling methods), chemistry, physics, and
mathematics to determine the nature and extent of underground
structures, and the radiological contamination in the soil and
groundwater at Hanford.
- Participates in environmental studies and prepares
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental
regulations including RCRA, CERCLA, TSCA, OSHA, and DOT. Essential
education, training, knowledge & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in geology, geophysics, hydrology, physics,
or related discipline, or equivalent additional experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in environmental geology or
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a field lead or project lead
- Experience teaching, training, and evaluating employee
- Experience employing and analyzing data using a broad range of
borehole geophysical logging tools.
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles and mechanics of
spectral gamma detectors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software; advanced
capabilities with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn legacy software programs and newer Bay West
- Valid driver's license and clean record to be qualified to
operate Bay West vehicles; currently, or capable of becoming a
licensed class 'B' CDL driver.
- The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US
Government security clearance. Preferred qualifications:
- Knowledge and ability to apply scientific principles, concepts
and techniques in geophysics, geology (wellsite), hydrology, and
- Skill and ability to lead and perform complex professional
- Ability to organize own work independently to meet established
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication
skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform
essential functions of the job.
- Experience with environmental projects under the Department of
- 40-hour HAZWOPER, current on 8-hour refresher; will provide for
otherwise qualified candidate.
- Radiological Worker II, Hanford; will provide for otherwise
- Flexible work schedule to include occasional evenings and
weekends to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 10% Essential physical & intellectual
- Requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying,
bending, and grasping.
- Work environment can include high heat and extreme cold.
- Frequently lift 25 pounds; occasionally lift 50 pounds.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical
- Strong sense of intellectual honesty and curiosity.
- High level of initiative with the ability to act with a sense
of urgency. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
with multiple sub-tasks simultaneously daily.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. Bay West
Offers a Robust Benefits Package Including:
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance,
short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision
coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and
accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job - we walk the
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your
expertise and responsibilities expand.
- Business casual environment with great co-workers.
Keywords: Bay West LLC, Richland , Operations Lead - Environmental Scientist Sr (1131), Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!