Project Controls Engineer I
Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Project
Controls Engineer I in Richland, WA.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro's success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Hanford Laboratory Management and Integration, LLC (HLMI) is
located in Richland, WA, and operates, manages, and maintains the
222-S Laboratory Complex for the Department of Energy. The HLMI
members are Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN),
and Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International
The 222-S Laboratory's primary mission is to provide analytical
support for the storage and treatment of tank waste at the Hanford
Site. These services are performed at the 222-S Laboratory Complex,
located in the 200 West Area of the Hanford Site.
Project Controls Engineer I, support to the 222-S Facility
Operations organization as a Project Controls Engineer.
- Prepares, maintains, reviews and revises schedules and budgets
for Operations/Maintenance activities.
- Work will be performed per applicable DOE and HLMI orders,
standards, procedures, and guidelines using established DOE and
industry methodologies and techniques.
- Applies standard cost and/or scheduling data to departmental
programs or systems.
- Responsible for utilizing the tools and systems necessary to
effectively and proactively manage and control concurrent
activities throughout the organization from proposal through
execution and completion.
- Tasks may include the preparation, monitoring, and control of
baseline detailed and integrated master summary schedules and
milestones; field execution schedules preparation, monitoring and
control of baseline time-phased budgets; cost control and earned
value performance measurement including the Budgeted Cost for Work
Scheduled (BCWS), Budgeted Cost for Work Performed (BCWP), Actual
Cost of Work Performed (ACWP), and Schedule Variance (SV)/Cost
Variance (CV); and associated reporting and information
distribution internally and externally to key stakeholders.
Project Controls Engineer I, responsibilities include but are
not limited to the following:
- Under minimal administrative direction, responsible for
Facility Operations and Maintenance scheduling and the direct
support of the Operations or facility manager in the planning and
execution of field activities.
- Participates in improving techniques for estimating, planning,
and cost control. Develops forecasts and assures that all pertinent
information is updated in relation to the present scope of
- Develops, implements, analyzes, and maintains critical path
method logic diagrams that require critical path analysis for time
and resource management of manpower, equipment or facilities.
- Performs complex analysis and summarize data to validate
project control parameters with consideration given to performance,
reliability, maintainability and cost/schedule control criteria.
Assess potential cost and schedule impacts.
- Coordinates and maintains cost/ planning/schedule database
operations, review and analyze project control data or results, and
assist in preparation of management reports along with
corresponding recommendations. Participate in planning meetings as
appropriate and gather data for database input.
- Investigates all deviations from established cost and schedule
baselines, apprise and make recommendations to management
concerning corrective actions or workarounds required to meet
- Prepares and issues periodic status/critical items reports to
management that highlights significant program issues and potential
delays to project milestones and DOE financial objectives.
- Develops, implements, analyzes and maintains cost and schedule
trend program, baseline change project and forecast process.
- May lead review meetings or assume primary role in the
responsibility for the scheduling portion of the division,
department or project plan-of-the-day (POD) meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with HMLI policies and procedures.
- Ensure ISMS principles are incorporated into organization's
- Ability to manage a change in priorities.
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., Richland , Project Controls Engineer I, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!