Consultant II - Environmental Compliance
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Full-time. May be required to work additional hours as needed to
complete assignment or project.
Provide environmental compliance reviews as needed to formulate
and implement regulatory recommendations and strategies for
permitting and operating the Waste Treatment Plant (WTP) and Tank
Farms (TF) including reviews of various permitting documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review permit documents, schedules, milestones, design
packages, and modifications while providing technical and
regulatory recommendations to the Environmental Compliance Division
- Provide consulting and strategic recommendations to ECD
Director based upon the review of documents, coordination of
reviews, developments of comments, walk-downs, meeting attendance
with regulatory agencies, consolidation of comments for DOE Hanford
submittal to the contractor, as well as comment resolution as
- Attend meetings within DOE and regulatory agencies, Washington
State Department of Ecology and Washington State Department of
Health, along with working on-site both WTP and Tank Farms for
assigned meetings or walk-downs.
- Support regulatory inspections at the WTP and assist DOE in
responding to inspection reports for accuracy, and compliance with
the regulations. Interacting with the environmental regulators may
also be part of this Task.
- Conduct regulatory analysis on the applicability, ability to
implement, and impacts of environmental regulations, including new
and proposed regulations.
- Attendance at weekly ECD meetings, WTP permit interface
meetings, Tank Retrieval Closure meetings, Single Shell Tank Permit
Workshops, and other meetings as directed by the Task monitor.
- Work with the ECD Director to create a strategic electronic
binder of regulatory letters and summary of impacts to the ORP
mission, and status of various permitting activities.
- Work in a business sensitive environment of impacts to the
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, using
hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking,
hearing and seeing up close, at a distance, along the periphery,
with depth perception and the ability to focus; occasional walking
or standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting
boxes weighing up to 30 pounds. Moderate to extended periods of
office work with heavy periods of computer usage. May be assigned
occasional to moderate periods of analytical tasks requiring
extensive reasoning abilities. It is Katmai Government Services,
LLC's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable
accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to
all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in both an office setting and outdoors in all
types of weather conditions. May operate in an environment where
there is potential exposure to industrial settings and may be
exposed to sharp objects, some heat, loud noise, chemicals and
vibration. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in
different functions, personalities and abilities.
- BS/BA degree in engineering, science, or business management,
or alternatively, an accredited high school certificate plus 8
years of specialized experience in engineering, science, or
business management, in addition to the requisite experience.
- 10 years of directly applicable successful experience
consulting or contributing on complex projects, including providing
strategic, management, technical, or business assistance to
significant projects or programs in a senior capacity and/or as a
- Working knowledge of Hanford Site tank farm mission and
- Working level knowledge of regulatory inspections and
permitting, especially in the area of RCRA dangerous waste and RCRA
- Experience with direct interface with senior management
- Knowledge of Federal and state regulatory requirements and
Contractor assurance and corrective action management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience in using of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Excel,
and/or other MS Office tools.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Security Clearance (U.S.
Citizenship is required).
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver's license, and be
insurable by the company's insurance carrier.
- Ability to successfully communicate with a diverse range of
people from various levels and organizations resulting in an
unimpeded passage of information as to not cause delays in
- Ability to work with government and contractor personnel to
problem solve and formulate strategies for success.
- Ability to independently perform multiple tasks with dynamic
- Knowledge of Hanford Site mission, Tri-Party Agreement,
activities and priorities.
Maintain proficiencies in the following:
- Hanford General Employee Training (HGET)
- WTP Site Access
Must have or be able to attain a valid state driver's license
and be insurable on the company's automobile insurance policy.
Driving may be required when traveling and/or short occasional
amounts of local driving. The expected driving time is less than
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on
the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/#equal_opportunity
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of
Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with
Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and
employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing,
or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other
applicants or employees.
0 - 25%
Keywords: Katmai, Richland , Consultant II - Environmental Compliance, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!