RN - Intensive Care Unit
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to
join our growing Intensive Care Unit team located in Richland,
Shift Details: Full Time, 0.9 FTE. 12 hour variable shifts
(primarily nights). Shifts include weekends.
About our Intensive Care Unit (ICU):
Located on the 9th and 10th floors or our expanded River
Pavilion tower, our multi-disciplinary, Intensivist-run ICU focuses
on state of the art technology and current, evidence based
standards of care. A Shared Governance model has been adopted so
that decisions regarding patient care are made by the staff who are
at the bedside. The majority of eligible RNs have earned their
CCRNs, and continued education is both expected and supported. Our
ICU has a mix of open heart surgeries, cardiac interventions,
neurosurgical, trauma, pulmonary, and sepsis. We also have the only
hypothermia post arrest program in the area.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN)
degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years from date of
hire. A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to
obtain a BSN.
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care
is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse
Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of
licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the
following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association
(AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health
Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (BLS Provider)
within 90 days of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of
- At least 1 year of ICU nursing expereince in a level III trauma
center or higher required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National Certification in related specialty area
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Registered Nurse you provide professional, comprehensive
nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. You are
also accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe,
compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients
and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and
spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care
to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote
the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing,
and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for
safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture
of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and
evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and
collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional
care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Richland , RN - Intensive Care Unit, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!