Project Controls I / Risk Management
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Provide support in the risk management program of the DOE-RL and
recommend potential process improvements for efficiency and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide continuous support to Capital Asset Project (CAP) and
Operations Activities (OAs). Works with client to define needs and
translate to programs.
- Participate in Integrated Project Teams to ensure risk posture
of projects are adequately understood and communicated.
- Facilitate DOE-RL risk identification and communication and
advise project and/or AMRP leads on issues and recommendations for
- Review and provide advice on reasonableness and acceptability
of Hanford Site prime contractor provided risk information,
including qualitative and/or quantitative risk analyses, management
reserve usage and availability, baseline change request risk
impacts, and confidence levels in performance measurement
- Assist DOE-RL in the refinement and updates to the Richland
Integrated Management System (RIMS) process and procedure
documentation related to risk management or other user guide
- Support DOE-RL on risk information technology, or project
- Support independent project assessments or other reviews or
evaluations to enable AMRP and/or other RL leaders to arrive at
comprehensive, defensible, and credible determinations about
project progress, potential impediments to progress, and
recommendations for either improvement or additional review.
- Conform to DOE-RL process documentation requirements, including
Richland Integrated Management Systems (RIMS) procedures,
Government Accountability Office (GAO) requirements, desktop
- Support DOE-RL in responding to DOE-Headquarters (DOE-HQ)
requests and other reviews, such as External Independent Reviews
(EIRs) and Internal Project Reviews (IPRs). Support progression of
efforts involved with development and institutionalization of
Programmatic Risk Management.
- Assist with RIMS risk management process and procedure data, as
well as desktop user guides.
- Assist with PMB/ETC reviews when submitted by the Hanford prime
- Support IPTs and AMRP lead in analysis and evaluation of PMB
submittals, utilizing Review Comment Record form or other required
- Create risk reports based on Capital Asset project or
Operations Activity designation and programmatic risk register
reports as directed by AMRP lead; estimated annually.
- Review and update Project Risk Management and Programmatic Risk
Management plans on an annual basis.
- Generate Risk Analyses Results Reports in response to
quantitative risk analyses performed to validate reasonableness and
acceptability of Hanford Site Contractor submittals or to develop
lifecycle baseline contingency for use in subsequent products (e.g.
Hanford Life Cycle Report, Budget Formulation, etc.).
- Perform quantitative analyses twice per fiscal year.
Communicates directly with clients and/or other contractor
personnel, and effectively allocates resources
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in relevant area of
study. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience may be
substituted on a year for year basis.
- 5+ years relevant experience required
- Familiarity with contract change management.
- Knowledge of and/or experience utilizing Monte Carlo simulation
software, including Pertmaster or Primavera Risk Analysis or
similar software. Support coordination and internal interface of
requested information to support audits of Environmental
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, &
- Must have understanding of project management, resource
loading, and cost estimating techniques.
- Experience in supporting programs and projects with analysis,
tracking, monitoring, assessment, review, and coordination.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interface skills; ability
to gather information and utilize in development of products and
provision of support.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Government Security
Clearance (U.S. Citizenship is required)
- Preference for knowledge of DOE/RL policies and procedures, as
well as familiarity with the Hanford Site mission, activities and
- Ability to perform oversight of baseline planning, including
scope definition, schedules, cost estimates, performance reporting,
baseline changes and earned value analysis.
- Ability to develop and maintain project controls protocols, and
process documentation, including desktop guides and official
- Ability to prepare logic diagrams and network logic
- Fundamental budget analysis skills and capabilities.
- Ability to analyze earned value calculations and provide
critical path calculations.
- Ability to manage direct interface with senior management.
- Capability of performing an assessment of overall project
performance including quality assurance and control
- Ability to demonstrate capability of utilizing data to
facilitate informed decision-making by projects supported.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver's license and be
insurable by the company's insurance carrier.
- Flexibility in scheduling work hours and available for travel
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on
the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/#equal_opportunity
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of
Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with
Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and
employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing,
or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other
applicants or employees.
0 - 25%
Keywords: Katmai, Richland , Project Controls I / Risk Management, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!