Operational Research Analyst
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Operational Research Analyst is an integral
part of our Nuclear team. This position is based out of our office
in Richland, Washington.
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering
and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing
infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental
consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management
services to public and private clients across the United States for
more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the
most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure
projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Support customers in a wide range of decision-making
situations, dealing with current and future challenges with nuclear
facilities/processes. Apply a logical and analytical approach to
frame the problem through discussions with all stakeholders,
collate suitable data and analyze it to provide clear results and
guidance. Communicate with stakeholders, senior management,
engineering, operations and maintenance personnel and/or facilitate
multi discipline workshops as part of project work. Analysis of
data will vary from applying logical thought through to the use of
various decision-making tools, such as discrete event
- Develops, verifies, validates, and maintains discrete event
simulation models to address a wide range of performance issues in
existing and new, first of a kind nuclear facilities.
- Facilitates multi discipline workshops to identify modeling
needs and model input requirements
- Analyzes model results to predict facility performance and
identify key bottleneck areas. Works with stakeholders to
minimize/eliminate potential bottlenecks and improve overall plant
- Participates as required in business development by producing
material for bid and proposal documents explaining our OR modeling
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Mechanical
Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems
Engineering, Operational Research or Management Science
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- 10 years' experience preferred
- Experience in discrete event simulation modeling preferred
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a
- Self-motivated, high energy contributor who has the ability to
work with or as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven track record in delivering technical work to schedule,
cost and quality
- Knowledge and experience of discrete event simulation software
(preferably WITNESS or similar e.g. ARENA, SIMUL8 FLEXSIM)
- Strong computer coding experience required e.g. Visual Basic,
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, Visio,
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau,
Power Bi, Visual Studio etc.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career
opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career
with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to
diversity in the workplace.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting
your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site
to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm
that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred
supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company,
SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to
recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any
financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse
characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe
that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender,
ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age,
religion or disability, but enriches itself through these
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other
subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to
throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your
privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to
know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you
confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.