Job ID: 288360
Inland Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West
Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and
internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national
aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies.
For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of
quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction
services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our
commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Dump Truck Driver
Drive truck equipped with dump body (solo, dump, pup) to
transport and dump materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, or
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure
safe operational order and report maintenance or repair
- Operate truck in safe and efficient manner by utilizing it
within its designed parameters to deliver materials to construction
and customer sites. Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch
- Be familiar with tag, tongue reach, tailgate position and
location of levers and switches.
- Pull levers to tilt body and dump contents. Shovel material as
required. Set spreader chains when applicable.
- Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete
prior to arriving on the job. When loading, ensure proper materials
are loaded in a safe manner. Obtain proper signatures as required.
Deliver construction materials to jobsites at instructed. Ensure
proper entry of on-the-job information on customer delivery
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle. Investigate
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and
forward to maintenance personnel.
- Move material as necessary in the performance of the job or as
- Maintain vehicle in a clean an orderly condition, inside and
out. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain operator logs, time cards, mileage sheets, vehicle
repair sheets, and records in accordance with company policy and
departmental transportation regulations.
- Before loading, make sure tailgate is latched. Keep sideboards,
trailer tongues and back of truck free of all materials.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
Will need to become a member of Teamsters Local 690
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years general driving experience in a commercial or
construction setting highly preferred.
Certificates, License, Registrations
- Class A CDL required and current DOT medical card.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with
Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA,
DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates good internal and external customer service,
communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job
- Basic Mechanical skills
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Inland Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
Date Posted: May 27, 2021