Licensing Specialist 4
Company: NuScale Power, LLC
Posted on: June 6, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide senior level licensing direction for
complex regulatory projects while ensuring compliance with nuclear
safety and licensing requirements. Ensure the development of timely
and quality products for submittal to international regulatory
agencies. Provide licensing services to engineering, test, safety
analysis internal resources on regulatory and licensing activities
in support of various NuScale projects. Interfaces with
international regulatory agencies on assigned activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the resolution of complex issues and processes for
compliance with applicable regulatory requirements for assigned
- Provide tactical direction and technical regulatory guidance to
internal project resources, cross-functional work teams, and
NuScale management for complex issues to resolve licensing
strategy, implementation or interpretation issues.
- Manage licensing programs and schedules for different
regulatory engagements and actions.
- Manage interface with clients and provide support to clients as
required. Manage inputs to clients for other legal processes for
obtaining licenses and permits.
- Manage interface and interactions with international regulatory
agencies as directed by the Manager.
- Manage submission of project licensing documents and ensure
that licensing documents are complete, accurate and in compliance
with the licensing strategy, commitments, and statutory
requirements in all material respects.
- Prepare, edit, and review regulatory submittals originated
within the Licensing Department in support of the NuScale licensing
effort. Apply authoring, reviewing editing, document planning, and
organizational skills in the preparation of a large and complex
nuclear license application as well as smaller technical and
topical reports, and white papers.
- Develop and implement the training and maintenance of processes
and procedures to ensure that the authors and production staff are
working to efficient, effective and compliant standardized work
- Support or participate in generic industry initiatives.
- Manage work and time to project schedules.
- Provide licensing support to international licensing activities
of NuScale Power.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the
individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the
essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily
in each of these competencies.
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own
judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team
members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks
clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for
accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex
written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal
networks within the organization.
- Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities,
organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks
project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment,
manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent
interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to
management expectations and solicits feedback to improve
- Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal
networks and trust within the organization. Promotes consensus by
involving all stakeholders, facilitating their understanding of
differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and
developing the best solution.
- Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is
expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering,
Engineering Technology, or Sciences is required. An advanced degree
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years licensing experience in the
nuclear industry at nuclear power plants, nuclear reactor
suppliers, or nuclear industry architect-engineering firms is
required. Other relevant engineering and legal/regulatory
background may be considered in lieu of 10 years of licensing
background. Experience with Canadian Safety Commission, Office of
Nuclear Regulation, or International Atomic Energy Agency standards
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of
Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
- Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and
implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone,
personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and
understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a
rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk;
bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally using common
forms of transportation.
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and
responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety
threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and/or skills required of all employees in this
Keywords: NuScale Power, LLC, Richland , Licensing Specialist 4, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!