Job ID: []
American Rock Products., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH
West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and
internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national
aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies.
For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of
quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction
services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our
commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for testing
samples of aggregate and concrete to determine suitability for use
in various construction projects. Primarily work 8 - 10 hours per
day, 5 days per week. This position requires traveling to perform
the job duties at various jobsite locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Collect samples from concrete or aggregate plants
- Performs field tests for density or other properties
- Performs and records aggregate gradations
- Performs field tests for concrete performance
- Process samples using a variety of testing equipment and
- Record data and enter information into computer systems
- Communicates with plant staff
- Performs general clean-up and maintenance duties as
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different
areas of production
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to obtain A.C.I Concrete Technician certification and
concrete Strength Testing certification,
- Valid driver's license required.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic mathematics.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all
departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
The statements included in this job description are not intended
to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
American Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
Date Posted: May 18, 2021