Shift Operations Manager
Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Shift
Operations Manager in Richland, WA.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro's success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will support Hanford Laboratory Management and
Integration, LLC (HLMI). HLMI is located in Richland, WA, and
operates, manages, and maintains the 222-S Laboratory Complex for
the Department of Energy. The HLMI members are Navarro Research and
Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN), and Advanced Technologies and
Laboratories International (Gaithersburg, MD).
The Shift Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight of
the Operations Department bargaining unit employees and fills the
position of Shift Operations Manager (SOM). In this role, the
Operations Manager provides leadership and supervisory duties of
the Operations Chemical Technologist and Stationary Operator
Engineers (SOE's). The Operations Specialist also provides
management support functions necessary to maintain continuity of
daily operations for the 222-S Laboratory. The SOM serves as the
central point-of-contact for daily operational activities and
maintains cognizance of safety, compliance, and facility operating
- Provide leadership and field supervisory duties of the
Operations Chemical Technologists and SOE's.
- Conduct shift turnover meetings and shift briefings to
communicate facility status, equipment status, instrument status
working progress, changes in personnel, restricted access areas,
alarm status, tank levels, occurrences, radiological hazardous
conditions, and safety information to facility personnel.
- Perform work release and operations authorizations, ensuring
facility configuration is maintained.
- Serve on the facility emergency response organization.
- Utilize the work management system, including providing final
work suspension and release authority.
- Conduct pre-job briefings to ensure personnel involved in the
work activity are familiar with, at a minimum, work scope, hazards,
hazard controls, precautions, limitations, required training, and
response to emergencies.
- Review work instructions, resolve work instruction issues and
approve work packages.
- Perform work control approvals for work documents to ensure all
documentation and operation requirements are met.
- Serve as a LOTO controlling organization administrator.
- Perform Field Work Supervisor duties for assigned work
- Perform work release for work being conducted in the 222-S
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., Richland , Shift Operations Manager, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!