Commercial Banking Team Lead
Company: Columbia Banking System, Inc.
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Drives team to participate in a positive sales culture by
participating in excellent execution of various sales
- Promote and practice exemplary customer service in the delivery
of financial solutions while creating and enhancing internal
- Establish and communicate team and group goals
- Develop and execute team strategic and tactical plans for each
- Lead the process of frequent assessment of actual results
compared to plan
- Observe and recommend training plans for team
- Participate as appropriate in the structuring, underwriting,
approval process and closing of complex credit recommendations
developed within the team.
- Ensure the team actively manages core systems including the
Commercial Pipeline System for a consistently updated and accurate
level of reporting
- Directs the process for pricing of credit accommodations
including approval of pricing exceptions within the assigned
- Develop and execute strategy and tactics for cross sell all of
CB's financial solutions.
- Manage all aspects of Credit Risk Management including the
collection of Past Due Loans, identification, risk rating and
action plan to resolve problem loans within the team
- Lead the accountability of managing renewals, rework or
extension of obligations near maturity to ensure seamless access to
credit by customers
- Seek opportunities to participate in group or bank task force
assignments and planning and execution of initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned All employees are responsible for
internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties.
Internal Control responsibilities are established in various
policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, finance,
accounting, or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience
may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Master's Degree valued
- 5+ years of commercial lending experience
- May be an initial team leadership position but generally has
prior supervisory experience.
- Extensive experience in sales, sales management, and staff
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
through collaboration with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse group of highly talented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and active listening
skills, including presentations, negotiations and routine
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Federal Regulation relevant to
Commercial Banking as well as proficiency in understanding CB
Credit Policies and Procedures.
- Sales Management acumen and ability to direct individual
activities proven to attract, expand and increase relationships for
- Extensive credit experience and acumen in the Commercial Bank
line of business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank product and service
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-3 year time
- Ability to prepare budgets and establish goals to achieve the
bank's financial objectives
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple
priorities and processes.
- Cooperation: ability to sell ideas to peers, subordinates, and
superiors in the company
- Support product training that enables total bank relationship
opportunities and facilitates recognition and creation of cross
- Ability to build cohesive teams and key staff retention.
- Ability to have an active pipeline of high value candidates for
any open positions that may occur within the team.
- Maintain complete confidentiality with all interactions
- Understand and utilize SMART goals (Specific, Motivating,
Attainable, Relevant and Trackable)
- Commitment to Columbia Bank core values Physical and Mental
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard
office equipment Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Keywords: Columbia Banking System, Inc., Richland , Commercial Banking Team Lead, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!