Operations Specialist, Performance Assurance
Company: CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Position Number 33823Company CH2M HILL Plateau
RemediationCity/State Richland, WALocation 200 West/MO281Posted
11/09/2020Closes 01/08/2021Regular/Temporary RegularFull/Part-Time
Full-TimeJob Responsibilities/DutiesWork Safe, Make a Difference,
and Be a Part of History with the Waste & Fuels Management Project
(W&FMP)!At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC),
located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a
sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the
protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central
Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented,
innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the
Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams
and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you
would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve
unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment
and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!The
Waste & Fuels Management Project (W&FMP) is responsible for the
- Safely and compliantly storing, treating, and disposing of a
wide variety of solid wastes and nuclear materials.
- Providing integrated waste treatment, transportation, storage
and disposal services for all CHPRC cleanup projects.
- Management of stored fuels and capsules, including 1,936 highly
radioactive cesium and strontium capsules in underwater
- Retrieval and packaging of legacy transuranic waste for
- Treatment and disposal of mixed and low-level radioactive
wastes.Responsibilities of a W&FMP Performance Assurance
Operations Specialist involves:
- Supporting management in the implementation of the Corrective
- Coordinating development of corrective actions, managing
database changes and updates in the Condition Reporting and
Resolution System, and communicating status of actions to
- Facilitating implementation of the Continuous Improvement
program and processes that will support identification of
efficiencies in Project activities.
- Conducting investigations of noncompliance's, issues, and
- Support project Occurrence Reporting.
- Facilitating discussion and analysis to ascertain facts,
determine causes, and develop effective actions.
- Preparing high quality reports and supporting documentation for
review by senior management and DOE-RL.
- Supporting management in the implementation of the Assessment
- Conducting assessments in a variety of disciplines.
- Developing schedules and lines of inquiry to enable performance
of self-critical assessments.
- Reviewing assessments for quality and compliance.
- Performing trending of data and providing analytical reports to
management to identify performance trends and areas for
- Coordinating presentations and deliverables for Continuous
- Developing and maintaining metrics for performance improvement.
- Supporting management to ensure that federal and state
regulations codes, standards, and specifications requirements are
implemented and that customer objectives and expectations are being
- Interfacing with representatives of specific disciplines at all
levels of the organization (radiological protection, nuclear
safety, occupational safety and health, quality assurance, and
other programs) to develop effective and efficient processes that
are mutually beneficial and to promote the safe and compliant
performance of work.
- Demonstrating high standards performance with emphasis on
safety, environment, quality and mission progress, procedure
compliance, feedback and improvement, and personal conduct.Required
Qualifications* BA/BS degree or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years related experience including writing
technical documents and communicating both verbally and in writing
to multiple levels of an organization.Desired Qualifications*
Experience performing analysis of issues, including critical
thinking and adaptation to emerging conditions.
- Previous experience in DOE, DOD, or Commercial nuclear
operations.Relocation Funding Provided NoU.S. Citizenship Required
YesClearance Required NoJob Classification ExemptShift Work
Required NoWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company, Richland , Operations Specialist, Performance Assurance, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!