Sr. Sanitation Microbiologist
Company: Lamb Weston
Posted on: March 27, 2020
**If you are a current Lamb Weston employee, please clickhereand
apply via the Career worklet.Job Description SummaryThe Sr.
Sanitation Microbiologist is part of the Sanitation team that is a
key component of the food safety, food protection, sanitation,
environmental and microbiological programs at Lamb Weston. Provides
technical expertise for the supply chain environmental and
manufacturing process compliance for food safety. The role is
responsible for interpreting and disseminating sensitive technical
and microbiological information, the management, storage, trending
and reporting of this data to senior management Sanitation, Food
Protection, Quality and Operations.
The role ensures conformance of the manufacturing sites to various
internal, external and state/federal regulations with regards to
biological and sanitation requirements. The role will interface
between Sanitation, Corporate Quality, Food Protection and the
manufacturing sites in regard to Sanitation and Environmental
microbiological data to ensure the quality and safety of systems
and practices through regular auditing and feedback to all
- Champion a culture mindset of safety and food safety both
horizontally and vertically across the Lamb Weston supply
- Ensure the adoption of best food safety practices within the
supply chain including pathogen environmental monitoring programs,
food safety sampling and testing regimens, and leading-edge methods
- Proactively participate in the Lamb Weston Corporate Food
Safety Assessment process identifying gaps and developing plans to
address the gaps.
- The ability to track and trend EMP data and support root cause
and corrective action.
- Familiarity with EnviroMap or other microbiological trending
- Lead and implement proper ATP and APC testing and analysis for
all site locations.
- Provide feedback on results to leadership team and champion
- Conduct portfolio risk assessments and recommend risk
mitigation strategies and approaches.
- Respond to food safety-related special situations and provides
guidance and direction to the process.
- Interact with key internal stakeholders such as Sanitation,
Food Protection, Quality, Supply Chain on food safety-related
issues, programs and procedures.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Sanitation ensure that
all appropriate pre-requisite programs applicable to the Food
Safety Plan including training, GMP's, SSOP's, and others are
developed and functioning as part of Lamb Weston's overall food
safety/food protection system.
- In conjunction with the Corporate Sanitation Manager and under
the direction of the Director of Sanitation Hygiene, consult and
recommend to Process Engineering, food equipment design elements
for improvement to sanitation and cleanability.
- Provide manufacturing support, including advising Corporate
Quality and plant personnel on:
- Validation of processes and equipment for sanitation
- Investigation and completion of appropriate corrective actions
when pathogens are identified in the EMP programs or after hygienic
- Microbiological food safety risk assessments and recommend risk
mitigation strategies and approaches
- Analyze and assess Hygienic Zoning as it relates to
environmental monitoring and pathogen control within all Lamb
- B.S. in Microbiology, Food Science or related field with 5
years relevant experience in food safety and or sanitation
required; M.S. strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HACCP, Sanitation, EMP and related
food safety systems as applied at the food manufacturing plant
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written and
- Strong technical leadership with an understanding of business
needs and processes.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Working knowledge of statistical and analytical tools.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the
following physical demands without assistance:
- Stand, sit, and/or walk for up to 8 hours a day.
- Drive company or rental vehicle for up to 6 hours in a day,
- Occasionally will work in plant settings.
- Use of lab equipment and tools.
- Lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally and up to 50 lbs. infrequently
Keywords: Lamb Weston, Richland , Sr. Sanitation Microbiologist, Other , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!