Software Engineer II- Horticulture
Company: METER Group
Posted on: May 6, 2021
METER Group, Inc. is looking for an experienced Software
Engineer to join our Horticulture product development team. The
Software Engineer will work with a team of software and hardware
engineers to develop distributed IoT sensing and control systems
for decision support and automation in the crop production
industry. Prior experience developing software for IoT or DataViz
products is highly desired.
METER's headquarters is located in Eastern Washington with
unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: no traffic,
country space, great schools and universities, safe neighborhoods,
and easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains,
rivers, and forests.
This position is located in the Tri-Cities, Washington area.
- Design, code, and debug web applications with minimal oversight
- Incorporate user feedback to improve software design and
- Review product requirements, provide feedback, and contribute
to project planning activities
- Contribute to and maintain design and user documentation
- Develop unit test and module simulation strategies for software
- Participate in build and test automation and other efficiency
- Work closely with the product development team to review input
from customers to help respond to their short and long-term
- Write documentation and requirements for QA to test
- Analyze requirements, define and prioritize tasks, and
contribute to program management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
commensurate experience and education.
- At least 1 year of professional software development
- Experience with defect tracking tools
- Experience with Git
- Self-starter who can get things done with minimal
- Committed to producing high quality, performant, and
- Committed to maintaining a strong set of software engineering
- Strong professional references
- Candidates with a strong Python (Django) background may also be
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Willingness to relocate to Tri-Cities, Washington
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all applicants to apply through our website at
https://metergroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/. If your interests,
qualifications, and experience match any of our openings please
apply for that position so that you are considered immediately. You
may also subscribe to our careers page so that we email you when we
have openings in your area of interest.
METER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
are considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender,
veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or
gender identity, or other protected status.
Keywords: METER Group, Richland , Software Engineer II- Horticulture, IT / Software / Systems , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!