Subcontract Technical Representative
Company: Apogee Group, LLC
Posted on: February 18, 2021
The Apogee Subcontract Technical Representative (STR) manages
subcontractor performance by providing oversight of subcontractor
technical requirements as dictated by the individual subcontract
awards as well as funds management for assigned Task Orders (TO).
The STR works closely with the Apogee Implementation and
Sustainability Manager (ISM), Subcontract Administrator, and
Business Manager to ensure that subcontractors are in compliance
with project, technical, quality, and cost requirements. This
position is responsible for supporting the ISM and subcontract
administrators throughout the life of assigned subcontracts.
Critical Success Areas and Areas of Major Responsibility:
- Provide technical oversight and monitor subcontract performance
to ensure technical performance, adherence to scope, schedule
performance, cost performance, and compliance.
- Support Apogee subcontract formation processes as well as
development of Requests for Proposals or Data Calls to
- Perform technical development of subcontractor scope of work
packages to ensure compliance with subcontract requirements and
serve as technical interface with subcontractor personnel.
- Review and provide technical input for evaluation of
subcontractor proposals and/or responses to data calls.
- Develop purchase requisitions and required supporting
- Manage funds for assigned subcontracts and overall Apogee TO,
ensuring sufficient funding and accuracy in reporting.
- Assist in development and conduct review of monthly reporting
such as cost, schedules, variance reports, and accruals.
- Review Prime Contract Awards and Modifications for accuracy and
completeness. Support development of Subcontract Modifications and
ensure that all relevant information is incorporated.
- Develop and submit all contractual notifications in a timely
manner, such as Limitation of Cost/Limitation of Funds,
Notification of Change, Notification of Delay, etc.
- Participate in project meetings, calls, and reviews. Hold routine
project calls with subcontractors to discuss scope, schedule, and
cost issues with a focus on cost and schedule variances, and
- Review all subcontractor deliverables and ensure quality
assessments of deliverables is performed.
- Review subcontractor invoices for completeness, accuracy, and
compliance and approve for payment.
- Monitor technical progress of subcontractors, identify
problems/potential problems to the subcontractor technical scope,
schedule, or cost, and work with the Task Order Manager (TOM) to
develop the necessary corrective actions.
- Provide input and feedback to subcontractor on performance,
communications, service, and related issues in order to enhance and
facilitate subcontractor relations and support continuous
improvement of subcontract management functions.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation for each
This job description in no way states, nor does it imply, that
these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this
position. The job holder will be required to follow any other
instructions and to perform any other appropriate, job related
duties requested by his/her supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years performing duties with an
equivalent in level of responsibility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include the
ability to interact effectively with customers and subcontractors
at all levels.
- Demonstrated success in task prioritization, planning,
scheduling, and conflict resolution.
- Previous experience supporting international nonproliferation
projects for the federal government is preferred.
- Must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)- certification is
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Federal Government contracting.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with
attention to detail and accuracy.
Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
Proven experience in project management.
Ability to multi-task with multiple projects.
Team player who works well with others.
Salary for this position is $85,000 to $120,000 per year based on
education and experience.
Work Environment Including Mental and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Occasional moderate to high noise exposures in the work
Tasks involve lifting up to a maximum of 50 pounds in weight,
pushing, pulling, or carrying objects, using abdominal and lower
back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Some travel may be required.
Keywords: Apogee Group, LLC, Richland , Subcontract Technical Representative, IT / Software / Systems , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!