Physician / Pediatrics / Washington / Permanent / PA - Physician Assis
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: November 23, 2018
PA - Physician Assistant
Top 10 best place to raise a family by Kiplinger
The Community - Richland, WA
The Tri-Cities area is a mid-sized metropolitan area in the southeastern part of the U.S. state of Washington, consisting of three neighboring cities: Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland. The cities are located at the confluence of the Yakima, Snake, and Columbia rivers in the semi-arid region of Southeastern Washington. A fourth neighboring city, West Richland, is generally included as part of the Tri-City area and region, as are a handful of unincorporated communities. Each city either borders another or one of the area's rivers, making the Tri-Cities seem like one uninterrupted mid-sized city. The Tri-Cities Airport located in Pasco provides the region with commercial and private air service. Pasco is the seat of Franklin County, while the other cities are located in Benton County. The two counties are officially defined as the Kennewick-Pasco-Richland Metropolitan Statistical Area.
In 2010, Kiplinger rated the Tri-Cities among the Top 10 best places to raise a family, and CNN/Money ranked the Tri-Cities one of the top 10 best bets for gains in housing value, due to its relatively stable economic conditions since the early 2000s.
The Physician Assistant position is responsible for practicing occupational/general medicine to the extent allowable by Washington State Physician Assistant licensing law, with physician oversight. Physician Assistants are active participants of the work site visit program and are routinely consulted by safety and health professionals.
RESPONSIBILIES (include, but are not limited to)
- Conduct pre-placement, periodic, regulated/non-regulated, health maintenance, and special physical exams.
- Review histories and perform chart reviews.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and provide first aide for occupational and non-occupational illnesses and injuries within the clinic's scope of practice.
- Order and interpret laboratory, radiographic and other diagnostic procedures as clinically indicated.
- Provide input and participate in various medical programs such as the Human Reliability Program and the HPMC Emergency Response Team.
- Actively participate in the work site program.
- Provide 7-day, 24-hour on-call coverage on a rotating basis for the Human Reliability Program.
- Consult with emergency, safety/industrial hygiene personnel regarding worker injury/illness and exposure.
- Serve as the on-site Medical Director in his/her absence at the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) when activated. Provide EOC staff with technical expertise of potential health effects/implications.
- Dispense or prescribe appropriate medications and/or pharmaceuticals, including oxygen, according to law, regulation and licensure.
- Educate patients on wellness and work health; perform work site visits to gain familiarity with work processes and provide support to the site's safety programs and write reports documenting these visits.
- May provide preventive medicine, surveillance, and safety classes and lectures to contractor personnel.
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and similar training to selected contractor personnel and clinic staff, if needed.
- Perform peer review activities for the occupational medicine staff in quality assurance programs. ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the minimum educational credentials from an accredited school, college or university and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant (P.A.).
- Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience in the provision of occupational health and general medicine services.
- Valid, unrestricted Washington State license.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) healthcare provider certification or become BLS and ACLS certified within 90 days of employment. Certification must be maintained at all times.
- Must be certified by the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners OR become certified within 90 days of employment.DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The following skills or experience are highly valued, but not required to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Clinical experience in providing Occupational Health services is highly desirable. Certification in Occupational Health preferred.
- Should have an active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number/license or be willing to obtain such a license.
- Knowledge of current laws and regulations impacting health care delivery for the Hanford work force.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Richland , Physician / Pediatrics / Washington / Permanent / PA - Physician Assis, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!