Nurse Clinician (RN) - East Home Infusion Rn
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Nurse Clinician (RN) (1.0
FTE, Day Shift) to work in the East Home Infusion Rn at Providence
Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Richland, WA. The RN Clinician
provides direct nursing services and case management related to
infusion therapy for patients in the home, clinic or an alternate
living site. This is accomplished through collaboration with the
patient and/or caregiver, the physician, other health care
providers and the payer. This position functions as a professional
role model by demonstrating competency in all phases of the nursing
process, collaborating with other health care workers to promote
quality patient care, and acting as a resource for home care
nursing staff for patients with infusion home care needs. In this
position you will:
- Participate in the development of an efficient and
cost-effective nursing department by:
- Exercise principles of effective time management when
- Monitor for effective utilization and management of patient
supplies and medications.
- Practice nursing by following Providence Infusion--------s
policies and procedures and the Washington State Nurse Practice
- Attend all mandatory nursing department meetings and
- Complete all annual nursing competencies.
- Is responsible for meeting all Joint Commission requirements as
related to nursing.
- Admit and educate patients/caregivers in all infusion
- Inform patients/caregivers of all aspects of infusion therapy
and reviewing all admission paperwork.
- Insure that all reimbursement forms and consents are completed
and submitted at admission.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Report all care provided in patient--------s electronic
- Maintain and update the patient--------s medication
- Evaluate and document patient/caregiver response to
interventions, revising care plan as needed.
- Complete recertification paperwork in a timely manner.
- Submit daily logs and patient paperwork per policy on a
- Communicate with all disciplines involved with patient--------s
infusion therapy following each shift worked. The report is clear,
concise, and contains all pertinent information.
- Keep Nurse Scheduler informed on a daily basis of changes in
scheduled visits or availability.
- Participate in on-call coverage; including after-hours triage,
holiday, and weekends.
- Report to work and visits as scheduled and on time.
- NURSE CLINICIAN ASSIGNMENTS:
- Per Diem Nurse: perform the same functions as a Nurse Clinician
on an interim basis
- Triage Nurse: receive incoming phone calls from Infusion
patients/caregivers/ field nurses, assess patient needs, problem
solves pump issues, programs pumps over the phone, contact patient
MD--------s as needed, arrange nursing visits as needed,
communicate issues with pharmacist and field nurses, participate in
weekend and after hour triage Required qualifications for this
- Education sufficient for licensure
- One (1) year experience in acute care nursing
- Current License as a Registered Nurse in the applicable state.
A secondary Registered Nurse license may be required for bordering
- Valid Drivers License
- Auto insurance
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Home health or home infusion experience
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in nursing principles and
practice of IV therapy About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila and Spokane,
Washington provides pharmaceutical services to patients in
communities throughout Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana.
Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes are our
priorities. Our services include nutrition and pharmacological
therapies to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Suites,
disease management and related specialized infusion therapies, and
clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition consulting and support
services. We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits -----"
see our website for details -----"
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of
-------Know me, care for me, ease my way.----- Working at our
family of organizations means that regardless of your role,
we--------ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so
you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we
foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and
everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000
caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000
clinics and a full range of health and social services across
Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are
serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our
more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P344558 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category:
Nursing-Patient Facing Job Function: Nursing Schedule: Full time
Shift: Day Career Track: Nursing Department: 3307 PIPS NURSING
SPOKANE WA Address: WA Richland 1601 George Washington
WayProvidence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.PandoLogic. Keywords: Nurse
Practitioner (NP), Location: Richland, WA - 99354
Keywords: Providence, Richland , Nurse Clinician (RN) - East Home Infusion Rn, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!