Nurse Clinician (RN) - East Home Infusion RN
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Nurse Clinician (RN) (1.0
FTE, Day Shift) to work in the East Home Infusion Rn at Providence
Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Richland, WA. $5,000 Hiring Bonus
for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for
payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and
compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first
day of employment. The RN Clinician provides direct nursing
services and case management related to infusion therapy for
patients in the home, clinic or an alternate living site. This is
accomplished through collaboration with the patient and/or
caregiver, the physician, other health care providers and the
payer. This position functions as a professional role model by
demonstrating competency in all phases of the nursing process,
collaborating with other health care workers to promote quality
patient care, and acting as a resource for home care nursing staff
for patients with infusion home care needs. In this position you
- Participate in the development of an efficient and
cost-effective nursing department by:
- Exercise principles of effective time management when
- Monitor for effective utilization and management of patient
supplies and medications.
- Practice nursing by following Providence Infusion's policies
and procedures and the Washington State Nurse Practice Act.
- Attend all mandatory nursing department meetings and
- Complete all annual nursing competencies.
- Is responsible for meeting all Joint Commission requirements as
related to nursing.
- Admit and educate patients/caregivers in all infusion
- Inform patients/caregivers of all aspects of infusion therapy
and reviewing all admission paperwork.
- Insure that all reimbursement forms and consents are completed
and submitted at admission.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Report all care provided in patient's electronic record.
- Maintain and update the patient's medication profile.
- Evaluate and document patient/caregiver response to
interventions, revising care plan as needed.
- Complete recertification paperwork in a timely manner.
- Submit daily logs and patient paperwork per policy on a
- Communicate with all disciplines involved with patient's
infusion therapy following each shift worked. The report is clear,
concise, and contains all pertinent information.
- Keep Nurse Scheduler informed on a daily basis of changes in
scheduled visits or availability.
- Participate in on-call coverage; including after-hours triage,
holiday, and weekends.
- Report to work and visits as scheduled and on time.
- NURSE CLINICIAN ASSIGNMENTS:
- Per Diem Nurse: perform the same functions as a Nurse Clinician
on an interim basis
- Triage Nurse: receive incoming phone calls from Infusion
patients/caregivers/ field nurses, assess patient needs, problem
solves pump issues, programs pumps over the phone, contact patient
MD's as needed, arrange nursing visits as needed, communicate
issues with pharmacist and field nurses, participate in weekend and
after hour triage Required qualifications for this position
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing License
- Current Washington State Driver's license and automobile
- Current CPR certification
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- One (1) year of experience in acute care nursing
- Education sufficient for licensure. Preferred qualification for
this position includes:
- Home health or home infusion experience
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in nursing principles and
practice of IV therapy About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services provides pharmaceutical
services to patients in communities throughout Washington, Alaska,
Idaho and Montana. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and
clinical outcomes are our priorities. Our services include
nutrition and pharmacological therapies to patients in their homes
or in our Ambulatory Suites, disease management and related
specialized infusion therapies, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and
nutrition consulting and support services. Our best-in-class
benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in
staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial
security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our
Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in
our communities. About Providence At Providence, our strength lies
in Our Promise of "Know me, care for me, ease my way." Working at
our family of organizations means that regardless of your role,
we'll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can
support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P357400 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Nursing-Patient
Facing Job Function: Nursing Schedule: Full time Shift: Day Career
Track: Nursing Department: 3307 PIPS NURSING SPOKANE WA Address: WA
Richland 1601 George Washington Way Providence is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Richland , Nurse Clinician (RN) - East Home Infusion RN, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!