Nurse Clinician (RN) - Tri-Cities Home Infusion *Up to $5,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Nurse Clinician (RN) (1.0
FTE, Day Shift) to work in the Tri-Cities Home Infusion Rn at
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Richland, WA. $5,000
Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all
conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic
benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin
on your first day of employment. The RN Clinician provides direct
nursing services and case management related to infusion therapy
for patients in the home, clinic or an alternate living site. This
is accomplished through collaboration with the patient and/or
caregiver, the physician, other health care providers and the
payer. This position functions as a professional role model by
demonstrating competency in all phases of the nursing process,
collaborating with other health care workers to promote quality
patient care, and acting as a resource for home care nursing staff
for patients with infusion home care needs. In this position you
- Participate in the development of an efficient and
cost-effective nursing department by:
- Exercise principles of effective time management when
- Monitor for effective utilization and management of patient
supplies and medications.
- Practice nursing by following Providence Infusion's policies
and procedures and the Washington State Nurse Practice Act.
- Attend all mandatory nursing department meetings and
- Complete all annual nursing competencies.
- Is responsible for meeting all Joint Commission requirements as
related to nursing.
- Admit and educate patients/caregivers in all infusion
- Inform patients/caregivers of all aspects of infusion therapy
and reviewing all admission paperwork.
- Insure that all reimbursement forms and consents are completed
and submitted at admission.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Report all care provided in patient's electronic record.
- Maintain and update the patient's medication profile.
- Evaluate and document patient/caregiver response to
interventions, revising care plan as needed.
- Complete recertification paperwork in a timely manner.
- Submit daily logs and patient paperwork per policy on a
- Communicate with all disciplines involved with patient's
infusion therapy following each shift worked. The report is clear,
concise, and contains all pertinent information.
- Keep Nurse Scheduler informed on a daily basis of changes in
scheduled visits or availability.
- Participate in on-call coverage; including after-hours triage,
holiday, and weekends.
- Report to work and visits as scheduled and on time.
- NURSE CLINICIAN ASSIGNMENTS:
- Per Diem Nurse: perform the same functions as a Nurse Clinician
on an interim basis
- Triage Nurse: receive incoming phone calls from Infusion
patients/caregivers/ field nurses, assess patient needs, problem
solves pump issues, programs pumps over the phone, contact patient
MD's as needed, arrange nursing visits as needed, communicate
issues with pharmacist and field nurses, participate in weekend and
after hour triage Required qualifications for this position
- Education sufficient for licensure
- One (1) year experience in acute care nursing
- Current License as a Registered Nurse in the applicable state.
A secondary Registered Nurse license may be required for bordering
- Valid Drivers License
- Auto insurance
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Home health or home infusion experience
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in nursing principles and
practice of IV therapy About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila and Spokane,
Washington provides pharmaceutical services to patients in
communities throughout Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana.
Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes are our
priorities. Our services include nutrition and pharmacological
therapies to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Suites,
disease management and related specialized infusion therapies, and
clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition consulting and support
services. Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to
support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally
and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can
focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially
the most vulnerable in our communities. About Providence At
Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for
me, ease my way." Working at our family of organizations means that
regardless of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your career,
supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class
benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is
valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together,
our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals,
over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services
across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are
serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our
more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P364891 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category:
Nursing-Patient Facing Job Function: Nursing Schedule: Full time
Shift: Day Career Track: Nursing Department: 3307 PIPS NURSING
SPOKANE WA Address: WA Richland 1601 George Washington Way
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Richland , Nurse Clinician (RN) - Tri-Cities Home Infusion *Up to $5,000 Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!