Nurse Clinician (RN) - East Home Infusion RN
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description:Providence is calling a Nurse Clinician (RN) (1.0
FTE, Day Shift) to work in the East Home Infusion Rn at Providence
Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Richland, WA.$5,000 Hiring Bonus
for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for
payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and
compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first
day of employment.The RN Clinician provides direct nursing services
and case management related to infusion therapy for patients in the
home, clinic or an alternate living site. This is accomplished
through collaboration with the patient and/or caregiver, the
physician, other health care providers and the payer. This position
functions as a professional role model by demonstrating competency
in all phases of the nursing process, collaborating with other
health care workers to promote quality patient care, and acting as
a resource for home care nursing staff for patients with infusion
home care needs.In this position you will:
- Participate in the development of an efficient and
cost-effective nursing department by:
- Exercise principles of effective time management when
- Monitor for effective utilization and management of patient
supplies and medications.
- Practice nursing by following Providence Infusion's policies
and procedures and the Washington State Nurse Practice Act.
- Attend all mandatory nursing department meetings and
- Complete all annual nursing competencies.
- Is responsible for meeting all Joint Commission requirements as
related to nursing.
- Admit and educate patients/caregivers in all infusion
- Inform patients/caregivers of all aspects of infusion therapy
and reviewing all admission paperwork.
- Insure that all reimbursement forms and consents are completed
and submitted at admission.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Report all care provided in patient's electronic record.
- Maintain and update the patient's medication profile.
- Evaluate and document patient/caregiver response to
interventions, revising care plan as needed.
- Complete recertification paperwork in a timely manner.
- Submit daily logs and patient paperwork per policy on a
- Communicate with all disciplines involved with patient's
infusion therapy following each shift worked. The report is clear,
concise, and contains all pertinent information.
- Keep Nurse Scheduler informed on a daily basis of changes in
scheduled visits or availability.
- Participate in on-call coverage; including after-hours triage,
holiday, and weekends.
- Report to work and visits as scheduled and on time.
- NURSE CLINICIAN ASSIGNMENTS:
- Per Diem Nurse: perform the same functions as a Nurse Clinician
on an interim basis
- Triage Nurse: receive incoming phone calls from Infusion
patients/caregivers/ field nurses, assess patient needs, problem
solves pump issues, programs pumps over the phone, contact patient
MD's as needed, arrange nursing visits as needed, communicate
issues with pharmacist and field nurses, participate in weekend and
after hour triageQualifications:Required qualifications for this
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing License
- Current Washington State Driver's license and automobile
- Current CPR certification
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- One (1) year of experience in acute care nursing
- Education sufficient for licensure.Preferred qualification for
this position includes:
- Home health or home infusion experience
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in nursing principles and
practice of IV therapyAbout the ministry you will serve:Providence
Infusion and Pharmacy Services provides pharmaceutical services to
patients in communities throughout Washington, Alaska, Idaho and
Montana. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical
outcomes are our priorities. Our services include nutrition and
pharmacological therapies to patients in their homes or in our
Ambulatory Suites, disease management and related specialized
infusion therapies, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition
consulting and support services.Our best-in-class benefits are
uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well,
growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take
care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring
for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.We
offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For
MissionAs expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.About UsProvidence is a
comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers,
health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services
continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and
vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Full-timeShift: DayJob Category: Home Health NursingLocation:
Washington-RichlandReq ID: 357400
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Richland , Nurse Clinician (RN) - East Home Infusion RN, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!