RN - House Supervisor
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Description:Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a RN House
Supervisor to join our growing Resource team located in Richland,
Washington!The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional,
comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care
environment. Working with a preceptor and assuming increasing
responsibility during the fellowship, the RN Fellow is accountable
for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic,
evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on
individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and
appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in
accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment,
the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses,
and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and
specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific
onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the
specialty.Shift Details: Part Time, 12 Hours Per Week, variable
shifts. Shifts include weekends.Qualifications:Minimum
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current WA State RN Licensure
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- ACLS is required within 1 year from date of hire into the
- Three (3) years acute care experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- PALS or ENPC and TNCC
- Critical care experience.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skillsDuties include, but are not
limited to, the following:As a House Supervisor you will coordinate
a variety of complex nursing functions related to patient care;
assures appropriate level of staffing on each nursing unit based on
patient acuity and other pertinent factors; interprets and adheres
to laws, rules and regulations relating to patient care; interacts
daily with physicians, staff, patients and the public; is able to
react to change productively and performs related duties as
- Demonstrate and sustain compliance with Kadlec Caregiver
Expectations Standard of Excellence and Code of Conduct.
- Problem solve house-wide issues in collaboration with all
- Actively listen and assist in patient/client and family problem
solving or refers concern to appropriate resource.
- Assume responsibility as the primary person in charge of the
Medical Center during the hours Manager's, Director's and
Administrator's are not on duty.
- Collaborate with patient placement specialists, lead nurses and
unit managers on patient flow issues.
- Collaborate, with staffing assistance, to evaluate staffing
levels for each unit based on patient acuity and established unit
matrix, skill level of nursing staff in collaboration with lead
- Take appropriate actions such as temporary reassignment to
another unit, augments staff by calling in off-duty nurses or
utilizes the low/high census standby procedure as necessary.
Communicates trends and acute staffing problems with unit
- Interpret and adhere to policies, procedures, standards, laws
and regulations regarding patient care and provides advice and
counsel following established policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource person for patient transfers.
- Communicate accurately and effectively both orally and in
writing to patients, staff, physicians and the media.
- Provide leadership to staff and takes corrective personnel
actions when necessary, in absence of manager.
- Maintain a variety of documents and reports such as nursing
administrative report, staffing and acuity sheets and patient
- Assist in direct patient care as needed.
- Participate in blood borne pathogen exposure processes and
counsels patient and employee as necessary.
- Initiate, or assist with, processes related to the death of a
patient and coordinates release of body and organ donation
- Become the incident Commander in a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI)
and provides leadership in all major emergency annexes.
- Respond to all Codes, Rapid Assessment Team calls, Trauma Team
Activations, Stroke Team Activations and Cardiac Team Activations,
filling out the critique forms as appropriate.
- Call in Operating Room, Anesthesia, PACU and Cath Lab/Imaging
staff in emergencies and when requested by a physician.
- Facilitate access to and communication with on-call departments
after regular business hours.
- Adhere to housewide policies and procedures related to
infection control, fire and safety, hazardous chemicals, personnel
issues and department specific procedures.
- Participate in meetings, committees and process improvement
projects.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our
caregivers. For more information,
safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every
person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We
are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity,
stewardship, excellence and collaboration.About UsLocated in sunny
Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare
provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer
service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare by combining
cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based,
patient-focused care. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on
the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion,
national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran
status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here:
https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/Schedule: Part-timeShift: NightJob
Category: Nurse Lead/Supervisor/ManagerLocation:
Washington-RichlandReq ID: 356102
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Richland , RN - House Supervisor, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!