Student Ultrasound Sonographer
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Description: Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Student
Ultrasound Sonographer to join our growing Ultrasound team located
in Richland, Washington! Shift Details: Part-Time, 0.5, 20 hour
work week, variable shift Qualifications: Minimum Requirements:
- Current enrollment in an accredited Ultrasound program
- 9 months Ultrasound coursework required
- Current ARRT Sonography or ARDMS Ultrasound credential must be
obtained within 120 days from the date of hire into the
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following: Under the
general supervision of a registered Sonographer, the Student
Ultrasound Sonographer provides patient services using Ultrasound
Imaging modalities; Performs Ultrasound procedures producing images
for the interpretation by a Radiologist; and performs related
duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates and sustains compliance with Kadlec Caregiver
Expectations Standards of Excellence and Code of Conduct.
- Operates Ultrasound equipment to perform Ultrasound
examinations producing diagnostic quality images.
- Receives examination request, confirms it with the patient
chart or physician's orders to be aware of patient's condition and
any special notes or comments, to include appropriateness of the
- Consults with the Radiologist regarding procedure to be
accomplished as needed.
- Assists physicians in locating patient radiographs.
- Answers telephone and follows through as necessary.
- Assists with patient scheduling as required.
- Determines proper technical factors for each Ultrasound exam;
follows radiologists scan protocols closely.
- Responds to patient's questions and concerns about the
examination; talks reassuringly to the patient during the exam
- Transfers patient to examining table, positions patient, and
demonstrates sensitivity to patient's modesty.
- Assumes care for the physical and psychological needs of the
patient during the exam.
- May transport patients to and from departments utilizing proper
techniques of body mechanics to protect patients and personal
- Reports any changes in the patient's condition or behavior to
the appropriate personnel.
- Completes appropriate documentation as prescribed by the
department and for quality control activities.
- Correctly transfers exams to and manipulates on PACS and
- Transports sealed, pre-packaged procedure trays that contain
sharps and non-narcotic medications for the purpose of stocking
rooms in the department (example - Lumbar puncture tray).
- Performs other duties as assigned. We offer a full
comprehensive range of benefits see our website for details
https://kadlec.jobs/benefits-information Our Mission Provide safe
compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person
we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are
committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship,
excellence and collaboration. About Us Located in sunny Tri-Cities,
WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the
region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service
excellence, providing compassionate healthcare by combining
cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based,
patient-focused care. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on
the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion,
national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran
status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here:
https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/ Schedule: Part-time Shift: Variable
Job Category: Ultrasound Technologist Location: Washington-Richland
Req ID: 292326
Keywords: Kadlec, Richland , Student Ultrasound Sonographer, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!