Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Mammography
Technologist to join our growing Mammography team located in
Richland, Washington! Shift Details: On Call, 0.0, Variable Shift
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program
- Associate Degree in Medical Imaging from an accredited
- Current WA State Radiologic Technologist Licensure
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) and licensed in Radiology (R)
- Licensed through the ARRT in Mammography (M) within one year
from date of hire into the position
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- 1 year Mammography experience as an ARRT registered
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills Duties include, but are not
limited to, the following: As a Mammography Technologist you will
provide Radiologic care to patients for the purpose of diagnosis of
bone density (DEXA) and breast disorders (Mammography); Assists
physician as required; and performs related work as assigned.
- Embrace Planetree Philosophy to provide a safe, comfortable,
therapeutic patient centered environment.
- Operate dedicated Mammographic and radiographic equipment to
produce quality images.
- Perform Mammographic procedures according to physician
- Assist Radiologist with needle localization procedures,
- Consult with Radiologist as needed regarding appropriateness of
- Assist physicians in locating patient images.
- File images in assigned jackets and in numerical order.
- Answer telephone and follows through as necessary.
- Release files as needed following proper protocol and maintains
the record of such film loans within the RIS.
- Assist with patient scheduling as required.
- Greet patient pleasantly, confirms identification and explains
examination procedure to the patient.
- Monitor patient condition and reports changes to appropriate
- Perform examination while preserving patient's modesty and
dignity; demonstrates sensitivity to the patient.
- Position patients following department guidelines.
- Adhere to all radiation safety precautions and aseptic
techniques following department policies and procedures.
- Process and assesses images for interpretation.
- Complete all quality control activities as outlined in the
Master Plan; i.e., daily, weekly, quarterly and annually; and
completes all appropriate documentation.
- Perform clerical duties as required.
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Perform DEXA bone density exams as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of
- Transport sealed, pre-packaged procedure trays that contain
sharps and non-narcotic medications for the purpose of stocking
rooms in the department (example - Lumbar puncture tray).
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Richland , Mammography Technologist, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!