Physician / Nurse Practitioner / Washington / Permanent / NP - Nurse Practitioner Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: April 30, 2021
NP - Nurse Practitioner
Top 10 best place to raise a family by Kiplinger
The Community - Richland, WA
The Tri-Cities area is a mid-sized metropolitan area in the
southeastern part of the U.S. state of Washington, consisting of
three neighboring cities: Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland. The
cities are located at the confluence of the Yakima, Snake, and
Columbia rivers in the semi-arid region of Southeastern Washington.
A fourth neighboring city, West Richland, is generally included as
part of the Tri-City area and region, as are a handful of
unincorporated communities. Each city either borders another or one
of the area's rivers, making the Tri-Cities seem like one
uninterrupted mid-sized city. The Tri-Cities Airport located in
Pasco provides the region with commercial and private air service.
Pasco is the seat of Franklin County, while the other cities are
located in Benton County. The two counties are officially defined
as the Kennewick-Pasco-Richland Metropolitan Statistical Area.
In 2010, Kiplinger rated the Tri-Cities among the Top 10 best
places to raise a family, and CNN/Money ranked the Tri-Cities one
of the top 10 best bets for gains in housing value, due to its
relatively stable economic conditions since the early 2000s.
The Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner position is responsible
for practicing occupational/general medicine to the extent
allowable by Washington State Advanced Registered Nurse
Practitioner licensing law. Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners
are active participants of the work site visit program and are
routinely consulted by safety and health professionals.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to)
- Conduct pre-placement, periodic, regulated/non-regulated,
health maintenance, and special physical exams.
- Review histories and perform chart reviews.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and provide first aide for occupational and
non-occupational illnesses and injuries within the clinic's scope
- Order and interpret laboratory, radiographic and other
diagnostic procedures as clinically indicated.
- Provide input and participate in various medical programs such
as the Human Reliability Program and the HPMC Emergency Response
- Actively participate in the work site program.
- Provide 7-day, 24-hour on-call coverage on a rotating basis for
the Human Reliability Program.
- Consult with emergency, safety/industrial hygiene personnel
regarding worker injury/illness and exposure.
- Serve as the on-site Medical Director in his/her absence at the
Emergency Operations Center (EOC) when activated. Provide EOC staff
with technical expertise of potential health
- Dispense or prescribe appropriate medications and/or
pharmaceuticals, including oxygen, according to law, regulation and
- Educate patients on wellness and work health; perform work site
visits to gain familiarity with work processes and provide support
to the site's safety programs and write reports documenting these
- May provide preventive medicine, surveillance, and safety
classes and lectures to contractor personnel.
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and similar training to
selected contractor personnel and clinic staff, if needed.
- Perform peer review activities for the occupational medicine
staff in quality assurance programs.ESSENTIAL SKILLS &
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the
minimum educational credentials from an accredited school, college
or university and be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Graduate of an accredited Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience in the
provision of occupational health and general medicine
- Valid, unrestricted Washington State license.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support
(BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) healthcare provider
certification or become BLS and ACLS certified within 90 days of
employment. Certification must be maintained at all times.
- Must be certified by the National Registry of Certified Medical
Examiners OR become certified within 90 days of employment.DESIRED
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The following skills or experience are highly valued, but not
required to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Clinical experience in providing Occupational Health services
is highly desirable. Certification in Occupational Health
- Should have an active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
number/license or be willing to obtain such a license.
- Knowledge of current laws and regulations impacting health care
delivery for the Hanford work force.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Richland , Physician / Nurse Practitioner / Washington / Permanent / NP - Nurse Practitioner Job, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!