Company: Kadlec Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 7, 2021
As a Pharmacist you will provide pharmaceutical care to Kadlec
Regional Medical Center patients; Performs maintenance of
medication care electronic health records, allergy history
documentation and review; Prepares and dispenses prescribed drug
therapies; Monitors drug regimen appropriateness, prevention and
monitoring of adverse drug effects; and oversees medication system
safety and security, provision of drug information to patients and
professional staff, performance of clinical drug interventions with
medical record documentation, performance of pharmacist
prescriptive protocol duties, and provision of other medication
care service activities.
- Embraces Planetree Philosophy to provide a safe, comfortable,
therapeutic patient centered environment.
- Understands, embraces, and instills Kadlec’s Mission, Vision
- Embraces a culture of professionalism and excellence in
providing pharmaceutical care.
- Provides prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals as
needed for patient care according to professional standards and
- Monitors individual patient drug therapy for medication safety
- Inpatient dose monitoring per patient renal function
- Follows Aminoglycoside, Vancomycin, and Adult TPN prescriptive
- Actively participates in KRMC’s Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Provision of decentralized clinical services on inpatient care
- Responds to questions from physicians and nursing staff and
patients regarding medicines and pharmaceuticals.
- Oversees daily drug distribution service activities.
- Oversees controlled medication procurement, distribution,
security, and documentation compliance daily.
- Performs medication safety oversight activities throughout the
- Supervises and checks work of the pharmacy technicians; may
assist in interviews, selection and training of new
- Fills prescriptions for take-home medications; packages and
labels medications following established procedure.
- Oversees sterile compounding service activities.
- Assists Clinical Coordinator in providing training of pharmacy
students and pharmacy residents.
- Reviews and validates computerized medication order entry work
of physicians and other medical care providers.
- Performs specialized order entry functions and maintains
patient pharmaceutical care documentation within the clinical
- Advises and consults with patients and other health
professionals regarding medication therapy indications, efficacy,
adverse effects, safety recommendations, administration guidelines,
and optimum utilization practice.
- Participates in Pharmacy Department performance improvement
- Maintains current professional knowledge through continuing
- May be required to drive a vehicle (as applicable) if driving
record is acceptable, as established by the insurance industry and
required by KRMC’s commercial auto/valet insurer.
- May perform specialized administrative assignments such as
attending designated meetings, inventory management activities,
medication education activities, employee scheduling, various
quality assurance activities, quality improvement team
participation or clinical pharmacy project work.
- Supervises daily operation of Automated Drug Dispensing Devices
and medication carousel automation systems.
- Monitors organizational medication safety compliance.
- Documents drug therapy clinical interventions, medication
errors, and adverse drug reaction events per pharmacy operational
Keywords: Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Richland , Clinical Pharmacist, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!