Occupational Health Nurse (RN/LNP)- Outage
Company: Energy Northwest
Posted on: January 8, 2021
- This is a temporary position
supporting the plant's biennial maintenance and refueling outage.
We are filling multiple positions with start dates of March 8th.
The projected end date for this temporary position is June 18,
2021.Responsible for the development and administration of
efficient and professional operations of occupational health
services in accordance with company policies, practices, procedures
and applicable regulations to achieve the desired goals and
objectives. Assist with all aspects of health services; staffing,
competency, processes, customer service, and quality
improvement.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIESEssential Duties and
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following and
other duties may be assigned:
- Perform operational medical activities of occupational health
- Administer and monitor the medical examination program for
employees, including the performance and analysis of medical tests
- Assure compliance with regulatory requirements related to
- Responsible for securing and developing all records, equipment,
and programs related to occupational health services.
- Collaborate with outside resources for program development,
such as healthcare providers, third-party administrators, legal
advisors, medical director, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Provide or manage the required physical evaluation programs and
services to meet regulatory requirement; such as NRC, OSHA, NIOSH,
WAC, CDC, DOT, etc.
- Guide and direct all referrals to outside healthcare providers
and services.Responsible for assuring the appropriate access and
utilization of healthcare services:
- Evaluate and treat all injuries and illnesses in an efficient
and professional manner within the scope of practice and consistent
with clinical nursing guidelines.
- Occasionally provide emergent medical care in the
field.Contribute in the controls of injury prevention and health
surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work
environment (i.e. hearing conservation, cumulative trauma
disorders, etc.). Assist with the accident investigation program to
identify root cause analysis of incidents and near misses.
Collaborate with Environmental & Regulatory Programs, Industrial
Safety and Human Resources to develop operations, programs, and
services by providing content expertise.Identify prevention and
health promotion strategies to optimize health of the population.
Train and lead ergonomic assessment of jobs and provide input
regarding ergonomic improvements.Provide appropriate case
- Manage all cases to facilitate productivity, assuring
appropriate care and return to work. This includes workers'
compensation, short and long term disability cases.
- Assess healthcare needs, then implement and manage healthcare
programs to improve health and facilitate return to work, maintain
records/reports and employee medical files.
- Assists Human Resources with identifying, evaluating, and
implementing accommodations and return to work options for workers
with restricted duty.Assist with the planning, staffing and
scheduling of refueling outages.REQUIRED EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCELicensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of accredited practical nursing program.
- Licensure by the state of Washington to practice practical
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR, audiometric technician, and
- Five or more years of Licensed Practical Nursing
experience.Registered Nurse (RN):
- An Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) or a Bachelor's degree
from an accredited college or university in nursing with an active
state license to practice as a licensed practical nurse or
registered nurse in Washington State.
- Must obtain and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS)
training.SALARY RANGELPN Salary: $27.09 minimum to $33.87
midpointRN Salary: $31.19 minimum to $38.99 midpointTypically,
selected candidates are hired at a salary rate between the minimum
and midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience and
qualifications, market rate, internal equity, and budgetary
allowances.WORK SCHEDULEFrom March 8th to May 8th, Monday through
Thursday 6:30am to 4:00pm.From May 8th to June 18th, coverage is
needed Monday-Thursday 4pm to 11pm and Friday-Sunday 6:30am to
11pm. The exact shift will be determined once the entire team is
hired but candidates need to be open to working this backshift and
weekends.Equal Employment OpportunityWe are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate due to race, color, age, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national
origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.EEO is the
law, click here to learn moreThis posting is open until
Keywords: Energy Northwest, Richland , Occupational Health Nurse (RN/LNP)- Outage, Healthcare , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!