Company: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC)
Posted on: July 6, 2019
Work Safe, Make a Difference, and Be a Part of History with the
Waste & Fuels Management Project!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in sunny
Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable
future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the
Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To
achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative,
and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by
removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in
the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work
with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging
goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is
your chance to be a part of our legacy!
A day in the life of an Activity Manager involves:
* Working independently utilizing Hanford site resources to assist
the Waste Disposition Director in meeting the mission as defined by
the Performance Measurement Baseline.
* Overseeing container corrosion management programs.
* Maintenance of US Department of Ecology Agreed Order
* Maintaining CWC and WRAP roofs in good repair.
* Working with vendors to order waste box covers for the outside
* Tracking emergent issues manifested by equipment or facility
* Maintaining waste containers in good repair, including over pack
and preparations for treatment at an offsite treatment
* Interfacing with the US Department of Ecology (Ecology), US
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Energy
(DOE) personnel during inspections, preparations for waste
shipments offsite and post inspection during factual accuracy and
verification phases of external correspondence.
* Developing rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates for proposed
and new work resulting from mission changes and/or additional
* Working with and modifying, as necessary, existing RCRA based
programs and procedures.
* Creating and executing a scope of work from the contracting
process through field implementation of sub-contract resources on
an annual basis.
* Working directly with on and off site contractors to compliantly,
in accordance with HNF-EP-0063 Hanford Site Solid Waste Acceptance
Criteria, to receive waste in the Central Waste Complex and Waste
Receiving and Processing facilities.
* Providing direction and overview of personnel (including
contractors) to meet goals in a safe, efficient, and cost effective
manner in accordance with all applicable requirements, including
nuclear safety, QA, industrial safety, environmental, radiological
safety and safeguards and security.
* Performing management oversight program observations.
* Interfacing with the CHPRC RCRA SME and other Environmental
program staff to assist the project in meeting the needs and
expectations of regulators, i.e., Ecology, EPA and DOE.
This position reports directly to the Waste Disposition Director to
assist in planning, executing, monitoring and closing out work as
dictated by the following:
- Master Documented Safety Analysis
- Fire Hazards Analysis (FHA)
- Resource Conservation Act (RCRA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Emergent conditions in the Central Waste Complex (CWC), Waste
Receiving and Processing Facility (WRAP) and Low Level Burial
Grounds (LLBG) within the Solid Waste Operations Complex.
* BA/BS, or equivalent combination of education and related
* A minimum of 8 years' experience in operations, project
management, or related fields.
* Familiarity with CHPRC/Hanford systems and processes. At least
five years' experience with nuclear facility (commercial or DOE).
Familiarity with DOE Order 413.3B requirements and processes a
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of
your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and
recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+
surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations
where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor
sporting opportunities are in abundance!
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which
includes a generous 401K Savings Plans, Medical/Vision/Dental
Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation
Pay, and more!
Relocation Funding Provided
U.S. Citizenship Required
Shift Work Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), Richland , Activity Manager, Executive , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!