Shift Operations Manager (1908)
Company: Navarro Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Shift
Operation Manager in Richland, WA.Navarro is a premier contractor
providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD.
Navarros success is based on our customer service focus and our
well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in
corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for
the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value
to our clients.This position will support Hanford Laboratory
Management and Integration, LLC (HLMI). HLMI is located in
Richland, WA, and operates, manages, and maintains the 222-S
Laboratory Complex for the Department of Energy. The HLMI members
are Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN), and
Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International (Gaithersburg,
MD).RequirementsResponsibilities: The Shift Operations Manager
(SOM) is responsible for the oversight of the Operations Department
bargaining unit employees. In this role, the SOM provides
leadership and supervisory duties of the Operations Chemical
Technologists and Stationary Operator Engineers (SOEs). The SOM
also provides management support functions necessary to maintain
continuity of daily operations for the 222-S Laboratory. The SOM
serves as the central point-of-contact for daily operational
activities and maintains cognizance of safety, compliance, and
facility operating conditions.
- Provide leadership and field supervisory duties of the
Operations Chemical Technologists and SOEs.
- Conduct shift turnover meetings and shift briefings to
communicate facility status, equipment status, instrument status
working progress, changes in personnel, restricted access areas,
alarm status, tank levels, occurrences, radiological hazardous
conditions, and safety information to facility personnel.
- Perform work release and operations authorizations, ensuring
facility configuration is maintained.
- Serve on the facility emergency response organization.
- Utilize the work management system, including providing final
work suspension and release authority.
- Conduct pre-job briefings to ensure personnel involved in the
work activity are familiar with, at a minimum, work scope, hazards,
hazard controls, precautions, limitations, required training, and
response to emergencies.
- Review work instructions, resolve work instruction issues, and
approve work packages.
- Perform work control approvals for work documents to ensure all
documentation and operation requirements are met.
- Serve as a LOTO controlling organization administrator.
- Perform Field Work Supervisor duties for assigned work
- Perform work release for work being conducted in the 222-S
complexMinimum Qualifications: BA/BS Degree in an Engineering or
related field and 8 years of related experience, or equivalent
combination of education and/or experience.Preferred
Qualifications:BA/BS in an Engineering or related field and 10
years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education
and/or experience. Supervisory experience highly desired. Nuclear
experience preferred.Due to the nature of the government contract
requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is
required.Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with a disability.EEO
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Keywords: Navarro Inc., Richland , Shift Operations Manager (1908), Executive , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!