Associate Executive Director
Company: Brookdale Richland
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Overview:Make Lives Better Including Your Own.If you want to
work in an environment where you can become your best possible
self, join us! You'll earn more than a paycheck; you can find
opportunities to grow your career through professional development,
as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and
wellness.Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and
retirement plans are available and vary by employment status.
Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsThis is an incentive based
position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission
plans.Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.Please note, Brookdale is
committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations
regarding mandatory COVID-19
vaccination.Responsibilities:Responsible for the day-to-day
operational execution in support of an Executive Director within a
larger community. Manages occupancy and monthly financial
performance for the property. Maintains positive working
relationships with all residents, resident family members,
employees, and the business community.
- Under direct supervision of an Executive Director, responsible
for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents,
prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the
- Supervises, directs, and motivates staff. Maintains superior
training and morale. Ensures training programs are effectively
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention
through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides
leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving
problems and resolving issues. Administers annual resident
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a
proactive program ensuring the highest renewal rate possible.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develops annual
operating and capital budgets. Maintains budget accountability to
the Executive Director, aggressively anticipates and minimizes
negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget
occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of
revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates employees in
accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions,
disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates
with attention paid to consistency in the selection and retention
of quality personnel.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company
standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems
and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and
licenses in accordance with all requirements.
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality
and optimum services. Responsible for creating and maintaining an
atmosphere of stability. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes
active in social and civic affairs of the local community.
Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies,
professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate
- Conducts department head meetings on a weekly basis. Conducts
quarterly associate meetings to review safety on all aging issues
and building issues. Conducts quarterly residential meetings.
- Keeps current on competitive projects and programs in the
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Gerontology, Business or other related field
is required. Minimum two to four years proven management experience
in retirement housing, hospitality or health care is required; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State license as a nursing home administrator and/or Assisted
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the
organization and the business in order to handle arising problems
and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills
where limited precedents/ guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a
functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas
gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee
assignments. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Understanding of legal requirements impacting skilled nursing and
assisted living facilities. Understanding of sound business
practices and approaches for analyzing general and specific
operational issues. Understanding of appropriate methods for
hiring, training, evaluating, motivating and disciplining
personnel. High degree of accuracy in all assignments; ability to
multi task and work with numerous interruptions; high degree of
initiative; good judgment; employs professional ethics; high degree
of customer service orientation;
excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to
motivate others. Ability to work in a stressful environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: OccasionallyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Brookdale Richland, Richland , Associate Executive Director, Executive , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!