Company: ACS Pro Staffing
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Overview:ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to
work on-site with our client. The Engineering Consultant position
will provide technical leadership for the definition,
implementation, and management of engineering programs and studies.
This full-time position is located in Richland, WA.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin,
age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status
protected by federal or state law. The company will provide
reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in
the hiring process if so requested.
- Provides a broad scope capability based on extensive experience
in the solution of engineering problems and practical applications
in design, modification, and operation. Supervisory
responsibilities are delegated by the managers as appropriate to
the scope of the tasks.
- Define, implement, and manage major engineering programs or
discipline groups by providing required technical leadership and
supervision with minimal guidance from management. Assure that
engineering design work is properly prioritized and efficiently
completed by supervising the work of the assigned engineering
resources and assuring its technical quality and
- Assure the technical adequacy of work performed in the
discipline or engineering program by reviewing and approving design
changes, calculations/analyses, and licensing documents as
delegated by the manager.
- Provide broad, in-depth technical guidance to discipline
engineering personnel by active involvement in current engineering
problems and efforts in consideration of many multi-discipline
implications of work performed.
- Provide engineering support to the project or plant by
resolving complex system and component problems where broad system
knowledge and integration of multiple factors is necessary.
- Provide high-level review and control of plant technical issues
by developing methods, plans, and procedures to accomplish special
engineering studies or tasks.
- Identify potential problems in design, quality, or operations
and initiate corrective actions in accordance with the plant CR
- Provide consultation on code/standards or licensing
requirements as requested by preparing or reviewing and commenting
on engineering and technical procedures and standards.
- Develop state-of-the-art discipline engineering methods and
practices as required to meet engineering goals and establish a
professional reputation within the company and industry via
technical publications and professional society participation.
- 10+ year experience (State of Washington PE license is an
- Proficiency in performing fatigue analysis for ASME III
Subsection NB Class 1 components (Piping, Valves, and Vessel),
using ADLPIPE, Mathcad and ANSYS programs. Developing detailed 3-D
finite element models for any components for analysis per NB-3200
which will allow all six stress components to be extracted for
subsequent use in the ASME Code Section III NB-3200 calculation and
determining the cumulative usage factor. The stress analysis will
include, stresses due to weight, pressure, seismic, thermal,
applicable hydrodynamic, operational transients, and any other
- Preparing detailed engineering calculation to develop and
establish the design inputs and methodology for stress analysis per
the requirements of the ASME Code Section III NB-3600 piping
design, NB-3500 valve design, NB-3200 Design by Analysis and
NB-3300 vessel design.
- Ability to learn an EN proprietary code for heat transfer
calculations of the range of temperature differences --T1, --T2,
and Ta-Tb, which occurs during thermal transient
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
on an ongoing basis
- Excels in advanced thinking, troubleshooting and
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and
experience working with staff on all levels
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party
candidates considered for this position.
To see all of our open positions, click the link
Keywords: ACS Pro Staffing, Richland , Engineer Consultant, Engineering , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!