Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Pay range: $60.00 to $80.00
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria within a discipline
or specialty for a variety of project activities; interprets new or
special regulations, codes, standards, criteria and performance
data relating to the specialty; provides technical advice and
counsel on specific assignments; provides input and participates in
special technical educational and training programs as directed;
and performs field consulting services as required.
- In addition, applies specialized knowledge of startup methods
to the solution of specific problems; provides the resolution of
technical questions arising in the area of specialty; uses advanced
startup engineering techniques and the modification and extension
of theories, precepts and practices of related sciences and
- Perform instrumentation and electrical loop checks and
troubleshoot hardware/software issues.
- Participate in project planning meetings to coordinate the
DCS/I&C commissioning team activities with the project goals;
schedule work tasks & labor for DC/I&CS commissioning.
- Prepare progress reports for project management review,
describing item work-off, loop check count completion, logic check
progress and activities planned next week.
- Complete testing per client standard and project specific
procedures. Completes all test records, data sheets, etc. to fully
document testing activities; supports commissioning activities via
I&C controls for activities such as system and component
testing, testing each individual piece of equipment for correct
operation, including valves, transmitters, and switches.
- Provide input to engineering on revisions required to drawings,
databases, vendor operating and maintenance manuals, etc. based on
review of documents during development of the preoperational test
procedures and execution of the commissioning to ensure all such
documents are consistent.
- Prepare the necessary design change and non-conformance
documents in accordance with client procedures as required to
document as-built conditions and/or properly resolve deficiencies;
implement design changes issued by the engineering group; create
engineering design changes in response to system problems and
document the changes using engineering procedures.
- Preparation of system testing and turnover documentation
including scoped documents, test records, test procedures and other
similar required documents.
- Participate in system turnover/handover walkdowns; initiate,
track and resolve punchlist items for assigned areas of
responsibility; attend system walk-downs with the customer to
demonstrate the I&C system operation and compliance with the
contract requirements, manage and plan punch-list item
- Prepare system turnover packages in accordance with project
procedures by assembling and reviewing all system test
documentation (all disciplines) for adequacy and
- Use well developed interpersonal skills to interact closely and
frequently with management, operations, and maintenance personnel
while maintaining a level of commercial awareness that does not
create adverse exposure to the projects financial and schedule
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Client Standard
Applications Inspec, SetRoute, Teamworks, E-Track and Infoworks in
the execution of work assignments.
- Work hours as required, including shift-work, overtime,
weekends, night-shift and holidays as necessary to support the
- Perform other duties as directed in support of project
- A bachelors degree in engineering or related field, from an
accredited college or university plus 9 years related
- In lieu of formal degree, high school diploma plus 15 years of
- Six years of experience in related industry, four of which have
been in commissioning and startup, with at least two years as
I&C Commissioning/Startup Engineer performing listed Essential
- Previous experience and knowledge of client Startup procedures,
programs, and processes or similar.
- Previous commercial nuclear/Department of Energy or like
experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to complete a pre-hire drug screen and background
check which includes verification of employment and
- Upon reporting, must be able to complete and pass a medical
evaluation for badging purposes.
- Must have full mobility, be able to walk on uneven or broken
surfaces (rocks, gravel, etc.).
- The examination includes, but is not limited to, the ability to
pass blood pressure tests, able to bend, twist, pull, push, climb,
and Due to the nature of the job the candidate should be able to
lift 20 pounds with assistance.
- In-depth knowledge of the specialty area (Instrumentation) and
knowledge of principles and practices related to sound
- Good knowledge of related construction and engineering
practices or equivalent and the economics involved.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Richland , Startup Engineer, Engineering , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...