Project Control Engineer
Company: Action Technology, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Client is designing, constructing, and commissioning the worlds
largest radioactive waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department
of Energy. -The project is the largest undertaking of its kind and
one of DOEs most technically challenging cleanup projects. Its
construction spans 65 acres (26 hectares) with four major nuclear
facilities Pretreatment, Low-Activity Waste Vitrification,
High-Level Waste Vitrification and Analytical Laboratory as well as
operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, other support
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles north
of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Selected applicant needs to be able and willing to work weekends as
needed. Applicant needs to be able and willing to work night shift
(5:30pm to 4:00am) and weekends as needed.
The following duties may be performed with respect to Cost Analysis
and Control activities:
- Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost
recording, cost coding, reporting, and analyzing standards,
programs, and reports.
- Performs performance monitoring and control functions for
- Determines scope definition requirements for a discipline or
other specialty and works with Area/Functional support personnel
and other sources to coordinate the production of required data to
conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
- Performs cost data analysis and development.
- Coordinates quantity estimates for trends/baseline change
- Assists in developing specific project control accounts and
recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes
training in the proper use and definitions for the cost
The following duties may be performed with respect to Scheduling
- Identifies scope of schedule activities. Determines schedule
dates for work activities within a discipline area or specialty.
Determines milestones to support project schedule.
- Works with Area/Functional personnel to coordinate work
sequences with the total project plan. Conforms work sequence and
activity durations per projects execution plan for a specific
discipline or specialty. Determines inter-discipline constraints or
interfaces that define activity sequences.
- Assists discipline groups in determining what information is
required from other disciplines to support schedule activities and
how to interface with the assigned discipline or
- Provides schedule knowledge on a continuous basis to assist in
discipline planning and interfacing with others.
- Performs schedule monitoring, including identifying critical
activities and updating functions for specific applications,
disciplines, or specialties. Assists in the development of
requirements for updating and monitoring the schedule.
- Grade 24: Bachelors degree from an accredited university and at
least 3 years of professional experience, or in lieu of a degree, a
high school diploma or equivalent and at least 9 years of
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen,
physical (if located at the construction site), and background
check which includes verification of employment and
- Upon reporting, must be able to complete and pass a medical
evaluation for badging purposes. Must have full mobility, be able
to walk on uneven or broken surfaces (rocks, gravel, etc.). The
examination includes, but is not limited to ability to pass blood
pressure test, able to bend, twist, pull, push, climb, and lift
more than 20 lbs.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access
to the site.
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficient in software applications such as Excel, Word and
- Demonstrates intermediate level understanding of Project
Controls general technical skills.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management
customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or
- Proficiency in cost processor and/or scheduling software
applications (Cobra, EcoSys, Primavera, etc.)
- Prior Earned Value Management System experience on an
Engineering, Procurement Construction job.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of varied backgrounds
In accordance with Client's duty to provide and maintain a safe
workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our
families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory
COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include
a vaccination or testing requirement.
Keywords: Action Technology, Inc., Richland , Project Control Engineer, Engineering , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!