Instrumentation & Controls Engineer - Project Lead (Nuclear Projects)
Company: Sargent & Lundy
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service
architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm
is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid
modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and
fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project
services-from consulting, design and implementation to construction
management, commissioning and operations/maintenance-with an
emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private
sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution,
industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core ValuesEvery decision we make is guided by our core values.
By upholding these six principles, we support our clients,
employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we
continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality - We provide high-quality deliverables and services through
an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous
Accountability - Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of
professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People - We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional
growth, and are committed to providing a work community where
people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients - We deliver value and exceed our clients' expectations
through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and
Innovation - Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training,
tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly
Meaningful Impact - We make a positive impact in the communities
where we work and live.Responsibilities:This I&C position
offers the opportunity to work on upgrading and modernizing nuclear
power plants with the latest control technologies the industry
offers. You will be expected to both lead and support small and
large controls projects with a focus on technical execution and
effective Project Management. These projects will require
coordination with mechanical, electrical, and structural
disciplines to bring the project to completion.
You work will include investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving
a wide variety of controls engineering issues, including the
- Develop Digital Systems Design - PLC, DCS, HSI, networked
- Prepare control system functional and implementation
requirements and procurement specifications for nuclear plant
- Interface with the client to ensure proper project execution
and client satisfaction.
- Prepare and review technical reports, calculations, and studies
to present information in a clear and concise manner to meet client
- Manage resources/resource loading and develop estimates for
task completion and budget development.
- Support the development of proposals.
- Prepare and review diagrams and drawings for new and upgraded
- Evaluate vendor bids from a technical perspective.
- Interface with vendors to perform document reviews, ensure
equipment compliance with specifications and needs of the plant,
and witness FAT performance on behalf of the client.
- Support implementation of the project at the client's
facilities.Qualifications:We do not sponsor employees for work
authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear
Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 10 or more years of experience in the design engineering of
instrumentation and controls systems in a project team environment
for commercial, industrial applications, with a focus on integrated
and detailed system design modifications.
- Professional Engineering license is preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate both in speech and written
- Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven
pre-engineered systems to execute systems design.
- Experience with serving as the firm's client liaison in a
support or lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design documentation.Sargent & Lundy is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any protected status as defined by law.
Keywords: Sargent & Lundy, Richland , Instrumentation & Controls Engineer - Project Lead (Nuclear Projects), Engineering , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!