Posted on: January 15, 2022
You will be challenged and enjoy completing civil engineering
projects while maintaining STRATA's financial success, minimizing
liability, and fostering mutually beneficial client relationships
in accordance with STRATA's core values, mission statement,
policies, standard procedures, management practices and quality
Procure revenue, monitor project budgets, complete project setups,
balance staffing rates, workload, and schedules.
Perform all aspects of project management including initial setup,
financial management, staff allocation, client interaction, and
development of project appropriate solutions and
Maintain client communications during project procurement and over
the duration of the project. Communicate technical information
(including reports and data) accurately, professionally and in a
timely manner, either verbally or utilizing technology, with
clients, co-workers and other staff.
Generate proposals and reports commensurate to industry standards,
client expectations and STRATA's standard of service and care.
Facilitate review by the Business Manager or other senior
Prepare and review necessary field observation and laboratory test
reports consistent with STRATA's quality systems and client
- Perform, direct, and supervise fieldwork as necessary.
- Interpret data and incorporate subsurface conditions into project
analyses and provide recommendations.
- - Prepare deliverables and correspondence, which will include
geotechnical analyses and calculations.
- Generate proposals and reports and facilitate review by a STRATA
principal/senior engineer with the appropriate engineering or
- Assist entry-level Engineers with technical research and by
mentoring in various analyses and fundamental technical practices
through the project work.
- Work independently and as a team member to accomplish project and
- Maintain an efficient workflow between laboratory, staff-level
engineering and administrative teams to fulfill client and project
schedules and budgets and meet established milestones.
- Assist in developing and maintaining our client base in
engineering and other service lines, as appropriate.
- Maintain active membership in at least one professional or
business organization, such as ASCE. Serve on a committee or as a
board member in actively supporting the organization.
- Assist in preparing statements of qualification for project
pursuits and accompany senior staff as they attend marketing
meetings with clients and local, federal, or state officials.
- Use good engineering and business practices and procedures to
reduce liability and risk. At a minimum, provide accurate,
complete, detailed calculations, reports, presentations, etc.
- Act in accordance with STRATA's core values and Quality
Management Systems to reduce risk to STRATA and our clients.
- Notify the Engineering and/or Business Managers immediately when
you suspect a pending business loss, allegation, or a claim.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (required); MS in Civil Engineering
. E.I.T. (required) or P.E. (preferred).
- 5+ years' experience.
- Experienced with geotechnical software.
- Proficiency using personal computer and Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Adherence to STRATA's drug and alcohol policy.
- Travel as necessary to support project work and/or other
Keywords: STRATA, Richland , Project Engineer, Engineering , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!