WTCC SHIFT ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST
Company: Bechtel Corporation
Posted on: November 25, 2019
- Requisition ID: 224240
- Position Title: WTCC SHIFT ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST
- Project: WTCC
- Location: Richland, WA
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background
check and physicalBechtel is designing, constructing and
commissioning the worlds largest radioactive waste treatment plant
for the U.S. Department of Energy at the Hanford Site in
southeastern Washington state. The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and
Immobilization Plant will use vitrification technology to process
and solidify 56 million gallons (210 million liters) of radioactive
and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site, which is a byproduct
of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War
era.The project is the largest undertaking of its kind and one of
DOEs most technically challenging cleanup projects. Its
construction spans 65 acres (26 hectares) with four major nuclear
facilities Pretreatment, Low-Activity Waste Vitrification,
High-Level Waste Vitrification and Analytical Laboratory as well as
operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, other support
facilities.Position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles
north of Richland).This position will be required to work a 12-hour
schedule of 4-day rotating shifts including, nights, weekends and
holidays. Work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to
6:00 a.m.This position will be performed under the day-to-day
direction, control, and supervision of WTCC.Role OverviewWorks
independently to provide administrative, clerical and document
control support, of a responsible and confidential nature to help
ensure the smooth functioning of a department. Duties require
accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion,
diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol. Anticipates changing
priorities and problems.Principal responsibilities may include but
are not limited to:
- Perform a variety of administrative (secretarial) and clerical
duties of either a general or a specialized nature through
research, analysis, and coordination with other functions and
- Responsibilities entail use of judgment and initiative within
guidelines of well-defined scope.
- Follow up to ensure completion of actions.
- Coordinate and ensure smooth flow of information.
- Review deliverables and monitor quality to ensure that all
documents conform to established standards and procedures.
- Maintain controlled hard copy files of project documents.
- Process, review, log, copy, distribute and file
- Perform data entry and query functions as needed using
InfoWorks (Bechtels electronic document management system) and
other databases as required; interface with Document Control
- Prepare and process documentation for scanning and
- Extract reports and perform a variety of queries using standard
office automation software and InfoWorks.
- Assist employees with standard forms.
- Review incoming communications, work orders, and service
requests for subject matter content and route to appropriate
- Coordinate requests from client, manager(s), and in-house
- Complete business independently as appropriate.
- Ensure coverage in absence.
- Track training profiles for assigned personnel, process
required training related paperwork.
- Compose and distribute complex correspondence using standard
word processing systems or other software applications; answer
inquiries from other departments or outside entities.
- Prepare and proofread standard forms, correspondence, reports,
etc. Assemble, copy, and distribute documentation packages.
Receive, sort, and distribute mail; process incoming and outgoing
facsimiles, transmittals, and correspondence.
- Keep abreast of key issues, commitments, and priorities of
manager(s). Research information and compile summary reports.
Extract data from reference material, either semi-technical or
non-technical in scope. Compile, analyze, and prepare or help
prepare information for presentations, studies, or reports.
- Determine action on important or emergent matters or know whom
to contact in absence of manager(s).
- Independently anticipate problems / changing priorities and
alert manager(s) as appropriate.
- Collect, review, and distribute incoming hard copy and
electronic mail. Independently handle mail not requiring the
managers attention. Review for accuracy and format outgoing
documents that require the managers signature.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements, including details of
business plans. Prepare itineraries and expense reports.
- Coordinate meetings, arrange for facilities, equipment, and
refreshments. Organize material for meetings, presentations, and
training sessions. Prepare, collect, review, and distribute meeting
agendas, information packets, and minutes. May operate a variety of
audiovisual equipment in the presentation of programs, orientation,
- Operate standard office equipment, including automation
- Independently maintain calendar for responsible
- Maintain standard office supplies and standard forms.
- Work overtime as requested by management. Perform other duties
as required by manager(s).
- Confidentiality is a priority.Basic Qualifications :
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and
pre-employment physical examination.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and five years of
related secretarial/administrative and clerical experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate proficiency using
Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; and basic to intermediate
proficiency using PowerPoint. A skills assessment will be
administered to test proficiency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax.
A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must have data entry experience/skills. A skills assessment
will be administered to test proficiency.Additional
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of filing systems and common office procedures.
- Experience with answering manager or supervisor office
- Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of project documents
and document processing requirements.
- Must be proactive, have above average organizational skills,
use individual initiative and follow assignments through to
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail and
- Must be able to operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced,
high energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to shift gears and take on
unexpected and/or unanticipated projects as needed.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with
all levels of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to effectively deal with abstract and sometimes
ambiguous situations in a positive manner and adjust quickly to
- Ability to learn technical vocabularies and terminology common
to the assignment.
- Ability to extract, compile, and assemble data for the
preparation of reports.
- Must be able to work with confidential material and maintain
- Operation of standard computerized systems and other
information transmission systems.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States
without sponsorship.Shaping tomorrow together!Bechtel is among the
most respected engineering, project management, and construction
companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the
job done rightno matter how big, how complex, or how remote.
Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize
in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and
environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in
1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160
countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues
team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in
nearly 40 countries.Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Bechtel Corporation, Richland , WTCC SHIFT ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST, Administration, Clerical , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!