Secretarial/Administrative Specialist, WTCC
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Requisition ID: 228254
SECRETARIAL/ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST, WTCC
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world's
largest radioactive-waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department
of Energy (DOE) in southeastern Washington state. The $12.2 billion
project will use vitrification technology to process and stabilize
53 million gallons (200 million liters) of radioactive and chemical
waste currently stored at the Hanford Site which is a byproduct of
plutonium-production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The cleanup project is one of DOE's most technically challenging
and the largest undertaking of its kind - equivalent to building
two nuclear power plants. The construction site spans 65 acres (26
hectares) and includes facilities for pretreatment, low-activity
waste vitrification, and high-level waste vitrification, as well as
an analytical laboratory.
This position shall be performed under the day-to-day direction,
control, and supervision of WTCC.
The position is located at the Construction Site (located 22 miles
north of Richland, WA), with a 4/10 work schedule, Monday -
Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Relocation is not authorized for this position.
The Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) is a limited
liability corporation created by Bechtel National Inc. (BNI) and
AECOM. WTCC is a subcontractor to BNI, the prime contractor, to
deliver the construction, turnover, startup, and commissioning
activities for the WTP project
Performs a full range of clerical, secretarial, and administrative
duties, all in accordance with established procedures and
guidelines. Duties require accuracy, judgment, initiative,
discretion, and flexibility. May work with confidential
information. May be required to anticipate changing priorities.
Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform a variety of administrative/clerical duties of either a
general or a specialized nature.
- Adjust priorities according to direction.
- Use of judgment and initiative within guidelines and
- Review incoming communications, work orders, and service
requests for subject matter content and route to appropriate
- As agreed to and determined by management, compose routine
correspondence in response to standard requests and answer
inquiries from other groups.
- Collect, review, and distribute meeting agendas and information
- Attend meetings and capture discussion items and/or actions and
prepare meeting minutes.
- Assist in preparation of presentations using Microsoft Office
- Provide phone coverage for a department.
- Gather data required for manager and take messages.
- Type and proofread standard forms, correspondence, reports,
- Perform data entry to maintain logs and track
- Assemble, copy and distribute documentation packages and
prepare records for archiving.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail; process incoming and
outgoing facsimiles, transmittals, and correspondence.
- Set up and/or maintain elecronic and hard copy files.
- Maintain standard office supplies and standard forms.
- Process travel requests and/or expense reports.
- Maintain confidential files.
- Maintain, review, and verify daily timesheets; process
- Assignment supervisor provides specific guidance on special
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Work overtime as required.
Basic Qualifications :
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and three years of
related clerical/administrative experience.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and
pre-employment physical examination.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency
using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. A
skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills,
including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax.
A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Ability to walk distances around the construction jobsite on
gravel and walkways in inclement weather, e.g., heat, snow,
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Independent decision making.
- Experience in extracting, compiling, and assembling data for
the preparation of reports.
- Analysis for understanding and consistency.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Proven administrative capability including the ability to
multitask while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with Visio, Access, and Adobe
Acrobat Pro preferred.
- Operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced, high energy
- Flexible and willing to shift gears and take on unexpected
and/or unanticipated projects as needed.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of team members
while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to handle routine items independently.
- Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to
- Knowledge of Bechtel's organizational structure, functions, and
procedures is desired.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with confidential material and maintain strict
- Ability to use judgment and initiative, work independently, and
provide solutions with minimal supervision.
- Operation of Bechtel standard computerized systems and other
information transmission systems.
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering,
construction, and project management companies. Together with our
customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term
progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than
25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven
continents. We operate through four global businesses:
Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas &
Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are
built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless
adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality,
ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we
expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: BECHTEL, Richland , Secretarial/Administrative Specialist, WTCC, Administration, Clerical , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!