Records Mgmt Specialist-DOE CC & Receptionist Lead-Richland, WA
Company: Westech International, Inc.
Posted on: November 15, 2019
ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for providing general
Records Management Specialist support to the Content and Records
Management (CRM) organization and will be the lead over the DOE
Correspondence Control (DOE CC) Team and the MSA-provided DOE
Receptionists.The DOE CC provides for management of correspondence
for DOE-RL and DOE-ORP. Correspondence is received from and sent to
a wide range of sources, both internal and external to the Hanford
Site, including Site contractors; regulators; DOE-HQ; other
Federal, state and local agencies or organizations; stakeholders,
media, and private citizens. The DOE Building Receptionists provide
selected services to DOE and other Hanford Contractor employees and
- Provide oversight of day-to-day work to ensure that customer
expectations are met.
- Provide leadership within the DOE CC and DOE Receptionist
- Oversee auditing and training for team members.
- Oversee, assist and be able to perform the work scope of the
DOE CC and DOE Receptionist Team.
- Assist with general records management tasks for the CRM
- Perform routine and stretch assignments and demonstrate
reliable, consistent, and quality results.
- Maintain equipment in good working order using established site
- Scan, index, and verify multiple document types; assist with
testing of scanning software and have good understanding of the
processes for capturing electronic records.
- Responsible for compliance with governmental requirements for
records maintenance, storage, retrieval, and access of records as
- Write, review and maintain operating procedures/desk
instructions relative to operations. Ensure documentation is
reviewed and updated annually or sooner if requirements or business
- Communicate with customers, other MSA and subcontractor
personnel, and management on a regular basis.
- Maintain team error rates below customer expectations. If
errors are above expectations, implement quality control
- Monitor incoming and outgoing correspondence to ensure SLA
turnaround times are met; and bring to MSAs attention any
correspondence not processed in a timely manner
- Coordinate and provide backup DOE receptionist support.
- Coordinate updates to the Correspondence Subject Matrix (CSM)
by working with DOE-RL and ORP points of contact (POCs) to gather
changes and updates to the CSM.
- Identify and implement business process improvements.
- Coordinate special projects as directed by MSA management,
maintain an accurate inventory of materials, and provide weekly
status of progress.
- Keep the MSA responsible manager and BTR informed of all work
scope changes, issues, customer meetings.
- Provide backup support to other CRM leads.
- Submit weekly activity reports and provide input to monthly
reports on team activities. Include progress on special
- Maintain metrics and performance information on team
productivity. Maintain monthly statistics by the 5th working day of
each month for 10-hour turnaround and two year rolling chart.
- Participate in audits, assessments, and corrective actions when
- Attend all required meetings and maintain required
- Participate and support MSAs safety programs and maintain a
safe workplace.Lead must be available by cell phone for p have cell
phone number published in the Hanford phone
- 3 years experience in records management, imaging, document
control, configuration control, leadership or related
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience with general records management principles and
- Experience with high volume imaging equipment, imaging file
formats, and indexing of document information into enterprise-wide
records management applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of customer service and
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team to complete the
full range of assigned tasks.
- Be a team player, focused, and able to multi-task and
prioritize, as well as a self-starter that enjoys working in a
fast-paced, high-energy work environment.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with customers,
co-workers and management.
- Must have a professional appearance and behavior, a positive
attitude, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint and proficiency in Microsoft
Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Lift up to 35 lbs., sit for up to 3 hours at one time, and
keyboarding for 2 hours. Must be able to use both hands.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, squat and crouch to pick up and move
objects, office equipment and records.
- Current drivers license, excellent driving record, ability to
operate a motor vehicle.Desired Skills
- Previous work experience at Hanford.
- Experience with Hanfords records management processes including
Electronic Records Authorizations (ERA).
- Basic knowledge of Hanford records-related systems (SmartPlant
Foundation [SPF], Document Control Management System [DMCS],
Records Management Scanning Application [RIMScan], Correspondence
Subject Matrix (CSM) and the Integrated Document Management System
- Familiarity with Records Management, Configuration Control, and
Document Control requirements.U.S. Citizenship RequiredJob Status:
Full Time RegularCity: RichlandState/Province: Washington [WA]
Keywords: Westech International, Inc., Richland , Records Mgmt Specialist-DOE CC & Receptionist Lead-Richland, WA, Administration, Clerical , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!