Internal Audit Manager (1593)
Company: Navarro Research And Engineering
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for an Internal
Audit Manager in Richland, WA.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarros success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will support Hanford Laboratory Management and
Integration, LLC (HLMI). HLMI is located in Richland, WA, and
operates, manages, and maintains the 222-S Laboratory Complex for
the Department of Energy. The HLMI members are Navarro Research and
Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN), and Advanced Technologies and
Laboratories International (Gaithersburg, MD).
Job Description: Under direction of the Board of Directors and in
conjunction with executive management, has responsibility for
managing an internal audit program for the Company to ensure
effective and efficient audits of high-risk and other areas, as
appropriate. Provides management and direction over the Internal
Audit function. Internal Audit is an independent appraisal function
that reviews and evaluates processes and functions, and provides
analyses, appraisals, counsel, recommendations, and information
concerning activities reviewed.
- Develop and conduct a continuous, independent audit program
including the formulation and coordination of an Annual Internal
Audit Activities Plan with DOE to avoid or minimize audit
duplication and ensure audit effort in high-risk areas as part of
the cooperative audit strategy.
- Plan and develop audit approaches, establish audit schedules,
develop audit programs, plan individual audits, and guide audit
team activities to measure and evaluate the adequacy and
effectiveness of plant operations, financial activities, and
- Maintain internal audit function in compliance with
professional standards (International Standards for the
Professional Practice of Internal Auditing promulgated by the
- Plan and perform independent audits of the direct and support
operations to cover extent of compliance with the contract, and
company and DOE requirements for efficiency and adequacy of
internal control systems, procedures, and practices; level of cost
effectiveness; and the extent to which company and DOE assets are
safeguarded and controlled.
- Guide the issuance of internal audit reports to the appropriate
levels of management, assuring the propriety of conclusions and
- Resolve problems by analyzing audit data and observations:
present audit results to management by preparing comprehensive and
accurate reports; recommend improvements to systems, policies,
methods and controls to correct deficiencies and inefficiencies, to
reduce costs, and establish financial control: and apprise
management of results of performance evaluations, including
adequacy and effectiveness of controls/security of data processing
system, hardware and facilities.
- Review other audit working papers and reports as part of
internal quality assurance practices.
- Function in a highly professional and confidential manner,
maintaining independence and objectivity from the function audited,
in compliance with code of ethics.
- Plan, structure, staff, and control the Internal Audit
function; supervise, develop, and maintain a professional
- Report status of internal audits internally to management, the
board, and to DOE.
- Assists in the investigation of significant suspected
fraudulent activities within the organization and notify management
and responsible parties of results.
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or related
field, plus 12 years of experience in internal audit, external
audit, compliance or related functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as
demonstrated by experience interacting with all levels of personnel
- Professional certification(s) such as Certified Public
Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor and/or Certified Fraud
- Experience in federal government contracts and with Federal
- Familiarity with professional auditing standards and experience
with risk assessment strategies, internal control concepts, and
auditing methods and tools.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
As a Federal contractor, Navarro complies with all Federal
guidelines. Due to the current mandates on COVID-19 vaccinations,
if you are offered employment, you will be required to provide
proof of vaccination as a condition of employment unless you are
legally entitled to a religious or medical accommodation
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disabilityby Jobble
Keywords: Navarro Research And Engineering, Richland , Internal Audit Manager (1593), Accounting, Auditing , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!